March 28, 2024, 08:10:22 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Perceptions!

Started by catchingup, May 03, 2011, 12:58:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

catchingup

Quote from: luise.volta on May 03, 2011, 02:29:21 PM
Oh, I remember those darling Steiff bears! My eldest had one in 1948! They were expensive. Well, that's a relative word when my first, custom built home cost $5,000.!  ;D ;D ;D
If you had kept it,it would have been a good investment.They are ever so collectable and fetch high prices.
Oh and if a bear does not look so good anymore they are known as "Well loved bears" so dont discard them. ;)

luise.volta

Yup, my parents were born in the 1800s...horse and buggy. And my dad lived to see a man walk the surface of the moon!My mom wore long dresses and bathing suits that came down to her knees. (With a skirt!)  My mom was a teacher and she was not allowed to teach after she married because it was "improper."
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

holliberri

pam1

See?  I told you before you were a good doobie lol
People throw rocks at things that shine - Taylor Swift

Pooh

I'm at the age now that I plan on wearing long dresses over my bathing suit....
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

lancaster lady

Pooh......bathing suit ....you're having a laugh (as we say ) ....that's what people would do if I wore one ....I need to borrow Luise's moms suit ......!

luise.volta

We have an indoor swimming pool here in this retirement center and water exercise classes. Let me tell you, it isn't pretty.  :(

Rose799

Quote from: luise.volta on May 04, 2011, 10:07:58 AM
We have an indoor swimming pool here in this retirement center and water exercise classes. Let me tell you, it isn't pretty.  :(

You're a riot, Luise!   :D :D :D

not like the movies

Been reading posts off and on today. I do love humor. I've used it since I was young as a way to cope. I am glad I found humor. This made me really laugh. I am picturing the same scenario only fast forward say 40-50 years....same picture in my mind but adding all the tattooed seniors!
When you pick up a stick you get both ends!

luise.volta

catchingup

Beauty is skin deep Luise.As we get older it goes deeper and deeper.

luise.volta

Tell my floor to ceiling morror that!  :o

Pen

Hey, Catching Up, how are ya? Good to see you're around.
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

Pooh

I was always proud of what Mother Nature gave me.....now Father Time is taking it away.....

;D
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell