March 28, 2024, 06:00:37 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Can't win :-(

Started by tryingmybest, April 30, 2011, 07:10:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tryingmybest

Yeah and in the final analysis, everyone has to make their choices. my son's relationship with his wife is his to deal with, I didn?'t marry the woman. I just keep stressing that relationships need compromise and communication. My DIL is really used to calling the shots and he's going to have to figure out how much of that he can take. Anon if your SIL is like that keep the lines of communication open to your brother, he's going to need some place to turn. everyone has their limit  ???

holliberri

My old girlfriend behaved just like that, TMB. It wasn't just with her boyfriends, it was with everyone. Funny thing is, I feel like we all would have benefitted had someone changed HER, not the other way around.

tryingmybest

one of the few benefits of being well over 50 is learning you can't change anyone but yourself. I know my DIL is trying and in all honesty she's not wrong in everything. I wish she'd shape her father in law up the same way she has my son. he cleans, cooks, shops, and does home repair...never lifted a finger at home....gotta give her some credit.  ;)

AnonymousDIL

Quote from: tryingmybest on May 02, 2011, 02:05:19 PM
Anon if your SIL is like that keep the lines of communication open to your brother, he's going to need some place to turn. everyone has their limit  ???

They have now cut us off. :-( But I am hoping that it is only temporary.  :'(

And it is really too bad we can't change other people.  :-\

holliberri

I'm sorry, ADil. I hope he comes around...I hope all of this is temporary, I know you love him.

Oh, what I wouldn't do to be able to change a few people...if only...lol.

AnonymousDIL

It really is too bad people aren't computers that can be reprogrammed.... Oh, boy would I have fun! LOL

pam1

We can probably do it someday.  Heck, I have a few artificial intelligence toys at home.  I can train them to grow up scared, angry, happy.  I bet we can do it in another 20 years LOL
People throw rocks at things that shine - Taylor Swift

pam1

I meant to say we could do it to humans in another 20 years lol. 

Pen

I'd need to be rebooted every other day. Maybe it's my "motherboard," LOL.
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

pam1

LOL, I'd need a whole new chip.