March 28, 2024, 11:09:05 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

The Royal Wedding

Started by pam1, April 26, 2011, 07:23:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pen

What was Harry saying to William as Catherine was walking in? It looked like he was saying something about "Her dress..." but I couldn't catch the rest. He also kept trying to catch her eye after she caught up to them; it looked as if to make her laugh, but she kept her composure. He's quite a rascal, Harry.
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

LaurieS

I had to email Holly from my lunch out with my kids when it dawned on me that I've never heard a last name for any of these people.. I guess I never thought about it, but when I saw the repeat on tv and the trick was to remember his full name (which I don't understand why that is so hard) she never said a last name.  So Holly took time to explain it to me.. thanks Holly.  Ok so now what is Cher's last name?

holliberri

It was Bono at one point....right?

lancaster lady

Harry said to william ..''wait till you see the dress ''
william said to Kate ..'' I thought this was supposed to be a small family wedding '' and ''you look beautiful ''..!
I thought it was a lovely wedding not too OTT ....and I sat and watched it all day !! lol
Good job I am self employed ...!

Pen

Cher's original name was Cherilyn Sarkesian or something like it. But we can start a rumor that she and Bono were married, LOL. Oh right, that was Sonny Bono.
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

Pen

Quote from: lancaster lady on April 30, 2011, 04:59:36 AM
Harry said to william ..''wait till you see the dress ''
william said to Kate ..'' I thought this was supposed to be a small family wedding '' and ''you look beautiful ''..!
I thought it was a lovely wedding not too OTT ....and I sat and watched it all day !! lol
Good job I am self employed ...!

Thanks, LL. I know a lot of people think it's silly and a waste of money during these hard times, but there is something fascinating about the whole thing. I agree that this new generation of royals is more accessible and tuned in to the real world, thanks to Diana and now Catherine. It was a good move on the Queen's part to support the marriage; I think having a commoner join the royal family will continue to benefit them PR-wise. Plus, they've got to get some hybrid vigor going for the good of future generations of royals, LOL.
-- Annie Gottlieb

holliberri

I was too young to remember why, but I cried listening to  Cher's eulogy for Sonny. I thought it was so sweet, even though they were divorced. I also remember how secure I thought his wife was to have her give the eulogy. Two classy women.

Tara

Hey Pam,

Thanks for starting this post, I may not have watched the wedding if you hadn't brought it to my attention.
It was a joy and so nice to have something in the headlines besides war.  Kate is so beautiful!  Yes, Harry a
rascal is right.

luise.volta

Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

holliberri

I am partial to ginger rascals!  :)

luise.volta

Pen

-- Annie Gottlieb

Pooh

I think Cher's last name was "Cher I-hate-you-for-looking-that-dang-good-at-your-age".

So sorry Pam about DD's bunk-bed incident.  Gotta luv em'
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

luise.volta

Re: Rascals...do you suppose it takes one to spot one?

Pooh, are you OK?

Pooh

Ok physically, mentally might take me awhile.  I really haven't had time to think of my mental status, just tired right now.  I did shed a few tears yesterday as I was dealing with a situation that was horrible.  They have also assigned me to be the liason between the Chaplain's and those that need more mental health than a volunteer can deal with, so I am getting some horror stories now.  I am off for the afternoon (they tried to relieve all of us for a few hours as we will be back at it tomorrow), but still taking those calls.  Also with my GIS work, I had to plot all the damage yesterday on a map and it was hard to keep putting "destroyed" over homes.  Our final initial count was 296 completely destroyed homes, 198 with more than 50% destruction and 600 below 50%.  Those numbers will probably climb over the next few days.  I guess all the officials thought I was a little bonkers, sitting there with tears rolling down my cheeks in front of a computer, but they understood.  So I am wearing quite a few hats right now.

I was going to play catch-up some today, but I have just been ordered to get ready and my DH is going to take me out to eat, so I will have to catch up more later.  I'm sorry that we are starting all of this today with us as moderators and I will be out of pocket probably for at least another two weeks, so I am hoping that Pen can plod on without me.  I do still want to do this, and I promise I will be back.

Thank you for asking.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell