March 28, 2024, 02:30:02 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Baby Gifts

Started by LaurieS, April 28, 2011, 09:05:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaurieS

My son just sent me a couple of links for gifts he is thinking about for his first nephew/niece .. thought I'd share

The baby keeper.. I mean really it's hard to potty with a baby in your arms:  http://www.adventuredad.com/archives/babykeeper-hang-your-baby-on-the-wall/

Now this one I voted for:  http://davengrace.com/dave/babymop.html

This one made me laugh:  http://www.spencersonline.com/product/two-front-teeth-pacifier/

AnonymousDIL

The Baby Keeper... I can see it now.... Daddy takes his little one out for a bit. Needs to use the potty. Puts little one on back of door.... Leaves, accidentally leaving Jr. Hanging on the back of the door.... Next guy comes in has the you-know-what scarred out of him when baby hits him with a pacifier!!!! LOL

holliberri

Hanging the baby on the wall sounds perfect for gym lockers and bathroom stalls.  :)

AnonymousDIL

And for those teen mothers among us, just put the baby in the locker

*** disclaimer: no babies were injured in the making of this joke ***

holliberri

You watched Dance Flick didn't  you?

AnonymousDIL

I remember the previews!!! LOL

pam1

Oooh I really like that baby hanger.  "Mommy will be right back, just hang out here for a moment"  Hah
People throw rocks at things that shine - Taylor Swift

holliberri

Seriously, with a crawler in the house, I don't get anything done b/c I'm following her around. I wish she'd follow ME around. Then I can do things like laundry, clean, shower...

The hanger does have its perks.

pam1

What about that leash?  Man, they sound like a good idea but when you see them in public -- just looks a little awkward lol
People throw rocks at things that shine - Taylor Swift

LaurieS

My little brother was  severely hyperactive had A.D.D. too but that part was unheard of soooo many years ago... My parents for his own safety did use a leash.. when they were busy they'd hand him off to me and my sister like he was the family pet... so we would tie him to a tree and play on the swing set... I wonder if that had a lasting affect.

AnonymousDIL

That's really funny, Laurie! My parents didn't do that with us and when I see them around I think it looks a little odd, but I also think "Wow, what a great idea! The kid can't get away!"

LaurieS

no he couldn't.. I tied really good knots

AnonymousDIL

Quote from: Laurie on April 28, 2011, 12:41:35 PM
no he couldn't.. I tied really good knots

Somehow I see you accidentally leaving him there...

LaurieS

my brother loves me :)  it's not like I didn't give him a cookie or anything to prevent him from telling my parents

AnonymousDIL

Did he have to "sit," "roll-over" or "play dead" to get that cookie? lol