March 28, 2024, 12:17:30 PM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Help...I do not know what to do.

Started by Goldenmom13, April 04, 2011, 05:09:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

holliberri

Hi Kara,

Welcome to the Forum. If you haven't already done so, please read the Forum Agreement under "Open Me First."

I hope you've had a chance to read some posts and you like what you see! The ladies here are very welcoming and are wonderful at offering support, empathy and friendship, so hopefully you will find it comfortable here! Again, welcome!

Kara487

LaurieS

Quote from: Kara487 on May 04, 2011, 05:51:16 AM
I dont see anything wrong about sharing time with the other grandparents.Just because you dont personally like them .

Guess I'm lost yet again... what other grandparents are you referring to?

Rose it's ok..I just have this fear of rabid dogs, they drool and slobber .. Tasmanian Devil is more my style :)

AnonymousDIL

Quote from: Laurie on May 04, 2011, 06:10:50 AM
Rose it's ok..I just have this fear of rabid dogs, they drool and slobber .. Tasmanian Devil is more my style :)

O.M.G. lol Tasmanian Devil. Really? Taz was my nickname when I was little lol My mom said that when I got soooo mad they thought I would start spinning around like one! LOL

Rose799

Thanks, Laurie, I was actually trying to make a bad situation better, & wound up with my foot in my mouth... 

holliberri

AnonymousDIL

Hello, My name is Anonymous. And I too suffer from foot in mouth syndrome.  :-[ LOL

Rose799

Quote from: AnonymousDIL on May 04, 2011, 08:00:10 AM
Hello, My name is Anonymous. And I too suffer from foot in mouth syndrome.  :-[ LOL

My name is Rose, it's nice to meet you ADIL...  :)

Pen

Welcome, Kara. I'm confused too..what other grandparents?
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

Kara487

Her Dil parents. They would be the other Grandparents.

overwhelmed123

Kara, I don't believe the problem is that anybody dislikes another set of grandparents at all.  Have you read the entirety of the thread?

Pooh

Welcome Kara487.

I dislike several people but can still be at the same place with them and treat them respect, equality and civility.  It's not a matter of dislike with me, it's a matter of we don't get the same civility, equality or respect in return.  It's also not a matter of them being the other grandparents.  I would feel the same way if it was anyone there that treated us badly.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell