April 19, 2024, 09:49:53 PM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

I would have never gotten away with it.

Started by SassyDI, April 27, 2011, 05:12:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

holliberri

Ivy acceptance is mostly based on whether or not your parent attended. I suspect there are  lots of average people there who get rewarded for the right ancestry. That hurts us little guys more than giving someone a reward for their real best effort.

LaurieS

It just ain't fair

Oh I didn't catch that typo.. lol.. yeah no running there :)

SassyDI

Quote from: pam1 on April 27, 2011, 02:12:13 PM
Quote from: SassyDI on April 27, 2011, 01:43:46 PM
The rules I want to be followed

1. No hitting biting throwing ect
2. No talking back
3. No running in the house/pubic places
Myabe a few more mostly basic rules anyone would have for a child.

I am not asking her to feed her organic food like I do, I am not asking her to put her to bed when I do, ect.  I am asking that she makes sure DD is well behaved while under her care and if she's not give a warning and if still not listening a 3 minute time out.  I know her rules will be different they are picky about their walls not being touched and I make sure DD follows that rule.

I just died laughing at your typo, sorry :) 

Those are good rules.  The only problem it's terrifically hard to enforce some of them, especially with a toddler.

I have LD yeah its so funny.

holliberri

SassyDI...you said you have LD? What is that?

pam1

SassyDI, I'm sorry, I didn't realize you have a learning disability.  I wasn't making fun of that or laughing at your struggle.  I was laughing at the typo.  Check my posts, I make them all the time.
People throw rocks at things that shine - Taylor Swift

LaurieS

LD is leaning disability

And Sassy there is no way we would have known that.. it was just funny that you wrote  no to let your child run in pubic places instead of public ... it was not a slight to you.

holliberri

SassyDI...

I think I posted to you a post where I was referring to "orioles" instead of "people."

I also have typed things like radio clock, "there were Aunts in there" (when it should have been ants) and I get my words confused all the time on here.

And if I am typing on my phone? Forget it.

That's no big deal. Typos are very common. I probably made the same typo you did not once but twice on here.

LaurieS

and we noticed.. and counted in Holly's case :) 

Nana

I answered BrokenHope post....and referrred to her as Brokenheart....lol.....was never correcte but I did realized it after sending the reply.  LOL. 
Love is not love Which alters when it alteration finds, Or bends with the remover to remove:
Shakespeare

LaurieS

lol... I did too Nana.. she hasn't been here in a while.. lol that could be why

Poor Muffin when I called her muffin top .. now I kinda like muffin top and I voted that she should change her name.

SassyDI

It was the 2nd one to me in about 24 hours on here.  I tried not to say anything but the 2nd one just really annoyed me.  Had it been more spaced out I probably won't have said a word.

holliberri

Sassy, I am sorry. I did point out an earlier typo on Monday when you first came on the board, so that was me. I shouldn't have done that when you were so new. I would've apologized a lot sooner had I known it bothered you. You wouldn't even have had to say anything about an LD. I was wrong for doing it, just because I don't know you and I've never had a conversation with you before...you and I are certainly not on that level so I shouldn't have thought it was okay. I assumed that since it wouldn't have bothered me, it wouldn't have bothered anyone else, no matter the reason. Even the girls here gave me a good month or two before they started pointing out my goofs...I hadn't thought about that.

It's okay if you don't accept my apology. I get that. We're certainly not the typo police here, and there are plenty of women on here who didn't point anything out at all, so I assure you we're not nit-picky and we don't make a habit of it.

I say this seriously, as the WORST offender of grammar, punctuation and spelling.

SassyDI

Thank you Holly.  Food for thought ladies this is a public former your right you didn't know I had LD.  But any other newbie could and isn't it a good idea to poke fun even if it was ment to be nice.  Because you don't know that person's history and you might offend.

LaurieS

Sassy.. keeping the room light has helped us to deal with what to some is a pretty dark place at times.  Since this is a public forum of course I think people need to be considerate but what may be offensive to you may not to others.  I mean I was just scolded last week for taking offense to someone telling us that she felt a bm coming on, then it changed directions... yeah I was slightly offended and probably should not have been.

You can not take everything said so darn literally in life.. or at least I try not to .. at times I've failed.. and I think we can all see a difference between making light of a typo vs being offensive.  A little thicker skin always helps in a forum.  No one was laughing at you, we were laughing with you. 

pam1

Sassy,

I truly am sorry.  Laurie is right and I think it's the combination since we can't edit our posts anymore (this happened before you joined) that a few of us think it's funny to point out typos. 

You're right though, I'll probably give a new poster some time to see if they like that kind of joking or not. 

People throw rocks at things that shine - Taylor Swift