March 29, 2024, 03:33:19 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

My baby boy...

Started by FAFE, April 26, 2011, 05:45:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

overwhelmed123

But that was part of the joke!  I should have put that in quotes!  "over the hill"  That's how I meant it. 

My H is turning 30 soon and is convinced it's the end of the world.

Nana

wOW...30...just a kid.  But I do relate to him....when I was pushing 30, I thought...Ï am getting old....at that time 30 to me seemed like mature (oldy).  I am now almost twice that age now...wish I could be 30 again...

But I feel that 40 is perfect.  Women look real good at 40 --- young, mature, attractive, self-confident.... interesting.....you name it !

Love
Love is not love Which alters when it alteration finds, Or bends with the remover to remove:
Shakespeare

pam1

People throw rocks at things that shine - Taylor Swift

holliberri

LOL...I guess I can't call you that.

When my mom needs something from me...she still says "Howwwwwwwwwwwyyyyy"...thus began a lifetime of being called Howard.

LaurieS

Quote from: pam1 on April 27, 2011, 04:46:16 PM
I'm Pammie-Wammie  :-[

I like Pammie-Wammie  ... in jr high can you imagine what they did with my name  let's say it started with a wh and they rhymed it with Laurie

Howard.. works for me :)

lol.. I just noticed that I took the shovel out of OW's hand and put a shove in there instead.. edit edit edit

themuffin

Quote from: Laurie on April 27, 2011, 10:28:14 PM
Quote from: pam1 on April 27, 2011, 04:46:16 PM
I'm Pammie-Wammie  :-[

I like Pammie-Wammie  ... in jr high can you imagine what they did with my name  let's say it started with a wh and they rhymed it with Laurie

Howard.. works for me :)

lol.. I just noticed that I took the shovel out of OW's hand and put a shove in there instead.. edit edit edit

LOL, Laurie!  I'll bet you were popular! ;D Just teasing, LOL.

I like Pammie Wammie, too.  My mom wasn't so creative.  So mostly called me Regina, which just happens to be my sister's name.  It really used to bug me.  But than I had kids and did the same thing.  I'll be darned if I ever call one of them the right name on the first try... :)

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

pam1

I have tried to make it a household name only but Dad keeps saying it in public  :-\

Don't feel too bad Laurie lol.  I don't know why but several people have told me that they think Pam and Pamela's are the same name as yours rhymed with.  What???  Alright so all Pams are that, interesting

LaurieS

I'm trying out anything I think rhymes with Pam or Pamela... I even tried 'green bean' nothing.. drawing a blank.. good time for a pm for this lady who is obviously dense

themuffin

Do you mean to say, that every Pam or Pamela are suppose to be what Laurie's name rhymes with?  And several people told you that?  What the heck is in their water?!!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

LaurieS

I'm still waiting on my pm Muffin

pam1

Quote from: themuffin on April 28, 2011, 06:10:42 AM
Do you mean to say, that every Pam or Pamela are suppose to be what Laurie's name rhymes with?  And several people told you that?  What the heck is in their water?!!

Yes, thats it lol.  Men of my generation.

I think it's because of Pamela Anderson.

LaurieS

Quote from: pam1 on April 28, 2011, 06:21:22 AM
Quote from: themuffin on April 28, 2011, 06:10:42 AM

Yes, thats it lol.  Men of my generation.

I think it's because of Pamela Anderson.

Oh so it wasn't a rhyming thing.. I'm going Pam/vagina Pam/easy girl Pam/cooking spray  ...  and now you are saying that Pam is just kinda a stereotyped name ..

overwhelmed123

holliberri

Ya'll are keeping Luise on her toes...LOL. 

LaurieS

it's not a bad word.. matter of fact it's the only word that we all have in common...   I left out the adjective magical.. that is an adjective right? :)