April 19, 2024, 04:26:18 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

My baby boy...

Started by FAFE, April 26, 2011, 05:45:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FAFE

My oldes son (43/44 to be) I received on my wedding day.  His dad had custody, so I got a 5 year old - which was great - he was already potted trained and could eat by himself.  He and his wife has an 8 year old boy.  BTW he is gorgeous - a mixture of his blue eyed blonde haired daddy and his Japanese mama. 

BB was born almost 9 months to the day after we got married - he was an experience in himself!  Most like me, doncha' know?

BG was a good little baby and grew up to be a good woman - she's still my baby girl.  She has a BG all of her own now.  She and her husband adopted her in October. Precious bebe. 

Last year I lit candles all over Europe for BG to get a baby.  This year I'm gonna be lighting them for BB to find a good woman and marry and have some more gc.

themuffin

Quote from: Laurie on April 27, 2011, 08:54:54 AM
At least  you didn't get a memory that wasn't really there from your one son either... but I would have loved to have known how he does remember it.. bet he could be very vivid :)

LOL,  I never thought of that!  I would like to hear that one!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

LaurieS

~~~~ and then as I peeked out, while feeling forceps clamping onto my head ~~~  no I shouted, I like it here~~~ my first introduction into the big bright world was very abusive, I was slapped around by some crazy man~~~ traumatized for life ~~~ within hours I shouted you're going to cut my WHAT

Meanwhile the girlfriend is bouncing up and down saying.. it's true.. it's true

That's how I picture it Muffin

themuffin

Laurie, you are a riot!  I could visualize DS telling that entire story and believing every word!  But I LOL (a bit too loud) when I got to the GF part! ;D ;D

AnonymousDIL

That GF sounds likea hoot! How Gullible do you have to be to believe that?

Oh, did you know that if you say the word gullible really really slow, it sounds like green bean?

holliberri

I see what you did there, ADil. LOL.

themuffin

Quote from: AnonymousDIL on April 27, 2011, 12:44:14 PM
Oh, did you know that if you say the word gullible really really slow, it sounds like green bean?

Okay, okay....I admit it, you got me! LOL

AnonymousDIL

Quote from: themuffin on April 27, 2011, 01:08:23 PM
Quote from: AnonymousDIL on April 27, 2011, 12:44:14 PM

Okay, okay....I admit it, you got me! LOL

I am sooo mean, I did  that to my mom once.... She starts saying it really slow. Then she says it AGAIN! Than she goes "No it doesn't" I laughed and laughed.....

LaurieS

pam1

Oh geez, you got me too ADIL
People throw rocks at things that shine - Taylor Swift

overwhelmed123

I didn't mean it like he wasn't still your "baby!"  I'm sorry if that's what it sounded like, I just meant...well he's getting to be wise! ;)

LaurieS

OW... I'll bet you dimes to dollars that  your mom calls you her baby.  Come on admit it...I have her email address I'll ask her myself :)

holliberri

For the record...my mom would never do that. Just sayin'.

She calls me Wally Gator.

overwhelmed123

LOL, Laurie!  I am sure that she does.  She calls me all sorts of things...some good, some bad.  She does still refer to my dad as 'daddy' when she's talking about him to me, which I find funny because I only call him "dad." 

But that's what I was saying- I didn't mean you shouldn't call him baby anymore- I'm sure he will always be your baby!  I was just making a dumb joke about him being over the hill..or almost there.

I'll say my biological father usually refers to me as "his baby girl" when he talks to me and I hate it.  But that is a completely different circumstance.  And I don't say anything because it's not worth the awkward conversation.

LaurieS

OMG.. someone take that shove out of OW's hands... Over the Hill.. lol.. he turned 39