March 28, 2024, 10:41:51 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

The Royal Wedding

Started by pam1, April 26, 2011, 07:23:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pam1

Anyone watching or following along?

I confess, this is so exciting!  I can't wait for Friday lol.  I think I'm getting a few girls together to have a tea party with our daughters Saturday and watch the DVR of it. 
People throw rocks at things that shine - Taylor Swift

holliberri

I have my fascinator, and I need to go out and buy ingredients for mimosas.

How long do you think it will be?

I get up that early anyhow, but I was hoping to make it to work by 6 since it's Friday.

I fully believe Kate Middleton lives in the woods with 7 little old men and that birds and rabbits talk to her. Plus, when I was in London last year I told my husband I couldn't come back because Prince Harry found me and needed me to be his plus 1 for an upcoing engagement.

pam1

LMBO Holly!

I have no idea how long it will be but you bet I'm watching every bit of it that I can.  What's a fascinator?  Is this some Royal thing?

I just love Kate Middleton, can you imagine handling that spotlight?  And doing it gracefully?  That girl has got some steel ovaries

LaurieS

Is she required to always wear something on her head for public events?

holliberri

I think it's popular in the UK among the upper class. Just a guess, though.

Tara

Love those hats!

I'm so uninformed, can we watch it live?   or how?

pam1

Thanks Holly :)

Tara I believe it's live on the BBC channel.  Middle of the night US time.  Gotta check tonight and will let you know.  The BBC channel has been running all kinds of Kate & William documentaries too.

LaurieS

I just can't get Kate Plus 8 out of my mind

The entire affair is being handled gracefully.... I hope she doesn't have the mil issues that the last princess had.

holliberri

I guess if she has any problems, it'll be GMIL issues.  :P Talk about intimidation. Haha.

I think her StepMIL has to toe a fine line too as part of the royal family, and given her history with the Prince. They might wind up to be good friends...my guess is they can relate.

pam1

According to the gossip rags StepMIL is very jealous.  Something about their marriage bumps Camilla down in line to seventh royal lady or something.  And there's talk of Prince William being placed 1st in line for succession of the throne.  The Royals are concerned about Prince Charles and Camilla's image and they have poor ratings among the British.

It's going to get exciting!

holliberri

LOL, I did some research on this...and I think...

If Prince Charles does become King Regnant...he can change her Duchess Consort status to Queen Consort if he likes.

Plus, we're not sure what Kate's title will be yet, do we? Or did I miss that part.

LaurieS

Quote from: pam1 on April 26, 2011, 08:29:34 AM
According to the gossip rags StepMIL is very jealous.  Something about their marriage bumps Camilla down in line to seventh royal lady or something.  And there's talk of Prince William being placed 1st in line for succession of the throne.  The Royals are concerned about Prince Charles and Camilla's image and they have poor ratings among the British.

It's going to get exciting!

Do you really see Charles ever becoming King.. obviously he isn't going to outlive the Queen :)  I don't think anyone will .. how old is that lady?

holliberri

I was reading this rather funny article: "Make Charles King for 1 Day." It goes on to say that it's a little unfair that his mother is living forever and that he is now not so young himself. Since he was expecting the title one day, they figured she should get it for 24 hours.

LOL.

luise.volta

I remember when the now queen married Phillip. We are the same age.  ;D ;D ;D
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama