March 28, 2024, 10:37:06 PM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

The Royal Wedding

Started by pam1, April 26, 2011, 07:23:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

holliberri

I'm not against it...I might even get it  someday. I would like to think I get it done once and only once though.

LaurieS

I had to go to a plastic surgeon when I had the surgery on my face for cancer another time on my neck.. thankful for the surgeons, or I'd be one disfigured mess.  I was just happy with getting laser and I couldn't imagine the cost of cosmetic surgery.  I was thinking about a chemical peel.. anyone ever have those?

pam1

Yeah, I think the only problem is that once you have something done you have to go back in to get maintenance and then it's like, oh why do I just throw in a butt implant while I'm there?  LOL

Do you know they have calf implants that men get? 

Oh and there was this brochure in one office that broke down the highest rates of plastic surgery compared to where people live. East Coasters get skin care, the South is primarily butt implants, Midwest and West Coast are breast implants. 
People throw rocks at things that shine - Taylor Swift

LaurieS

Quote from: pam1 on April 28, 2011, 07:25:35 AM
Yeah, I think the only problem is that once you have something done you have to go back in to get maintenance and then it's like, oh why do I just throw in a butt implant while I'm there?  LOL

Do you know they have calf implants that men get? 

Oh and there was this brochure in one office that broke down the highest rates of plastic surgery compared to where people live. East Coasters get skin care, the South is primarily butt implants, Midwest and West Coast are breast implants.

I just wanted a breast transplant ... age and drooping seems to go together like love and marriage.  My dd thought she was soooo funny she said hush or I'll kick you in the boobs, then she kicks me (lightly) in the thigh and said.. see told you I was going to do it.

pam1

People throw rocks at things that shine - Taylor Swift

LaurieS

yep and then she wonders why she got the allowance she did for her wedding :)

luise.volta

I know a person whose whole life changed when she had P. surgery to her face as a young woman. She feels it was because she felt better about herself...not that others felt better about her. Her features were somewhat distorted from the norm. She showed me pictures...because I didn't know her "before."

Seems like that's the underlying issure; self worth and trying to externalize it...when it's an inside job.  Unless there is something like Laurie spoke of that requires medical reconstruction.

If we externalize our value...then when we lose our looks, we are in deep trouble. That said, I would have had a "Jowel Lift" if I could have afforded it about 20 years ago when my face started sagging and I no longer looked like me...to me. Sending love...
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

elsieshaye

I have about 100 pounds to lose, and have been quietly thinking about getting surgery to remove excess skin when I get to my goal weight.  But nothing implanted, and nothing above the neck.  I'm too scared of looking like Linda Evans, et al.
This too shall pass.  All is well.

holliberri

My girlfriend did that...she got a  'full body' tuck.

She looks amazing. And...it did help her with confidence.

Good luck! I have 40 to lose. Actually...today it is probably 42.

lancaster lady

Don't you think these movie stars all.begin to look the same after cosmetic surgery ? Looks they have.been cloned lol       you should see the local towns decorated here .I am in St.Andrews where the royal couple met and its awash with red white and blue ! Half the streets are  closed tomorrow for the parties that are being held .....the mood of the town is  high , everyone is planning their celebrations for tomorrow .......hope its good weather .....the sun is shining ....good luck to the happy couple .! :D :D

holliberri

YES!

Naomi Watts is looking more and more like her BFF...Nicole Kidman.

holliberri

I am excited. I am going in late to work tomorrow to catch it. I was going to take the day off...maybe I will.

lancaster lady

Kate and William >>>> Duke and Duchess of Cambridge ..!

My son lives in Cambridge !!..TV on .....watching all the crowds in London , wish I was there ... :(

holliberri

I wish I was there too! But, the best thing I can do is be up this morning celebrating with you all across the ocean. :)

lancaster lady

Congrats to the royal couple .......I cried throughout the whole thing ! ... LOL what a wimp ! It was beautiful ......!