March 28, 2024, 10:33:31 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Happy Easter All!

Started by pam1, April 24, 2011, 05:36:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pam1

I hope all of you WWU women have a fabulous day!

People throw rocks at things that shine - Taylor Swift

luise.volta

Yes, have a beautiful day! Sending love...
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

Barbie

Wishing everyone a Happy Easter. Love to all!

holliberri

Happy Easter, right back!

Pen

Renewal, being raised up, love, faith, hope, celebration of Spring...the Easter season has special meaning to many although we may have different belief systems or religions. WWU has certainly been through a time, as my grandma used to say, and the spirit of renewal and fresh beginnings is one we can all appreciate.

Happy Easter to all, however you celebrate!
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

LaurieS

I agree Pen.. however your celebrate, as long as you celebrate right

Is your dd home for the weekend?

Pen

Yup, she is. It's just the 3 of us today, but DD got a little Easter gift and I'm making a nice dinner. I'm trying to keep my mind from wandering to the big shebang DIL, DS & DIL's FOO are holding for DIL's DM's bday today. It'll be the same on Mother's Day. Jealous much Pen? I really need to work on this.
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

LaurieS

It just hurts, and it's ok to be jealous of a relationship where there is no exclusion and everyone is unconditionally accepted.  Lucky you,  you have that with your dh and dd :)  Make it a great day Pen.. hugs for my friend

Pen

Thanks, you too. It is a beautiful day!
-- Annie Gottlieb

FAFE

This Easter has been a little strange for us.  We generally go to DH's B&SIL for Easter for a huge celebration.  But, they went out of town for BIL's birthday.  This way my DD did not have to choose between going to her IL's or coming here.  They are doing both. 

Easter is definitely a renewal of all things that are good. 

LaurieS

lancaster lady

CHOCOLATE !!
Isn't that a wonderful word !! My downfall I'm afraid .
I spent a wonderful day with my DS DIL DG ....in a huge park , with a picnic made by my DH .
Can't get any better than that , bought my GD a turtle sandpit , and just one tiny egg ...the joy on her face worth every penny .!

LaurieS

Really happy that the relationship has taken a turn and worked out for you in the end... that is what we are all striving for isn't it, or to find inner peace.  And to have dh make the lunch to boot.. it doesn't get any better.. Now sit back.. have that piece of chocolate :) it's the little things

lancaster lady

As we speak Laurie .....YUM !   :)

LaurieS

You know that I'm still waiting on a painting lesson for contemporary art pieces... I saw one I liked the other day and well you know the saying if you have to ask you can't afford it.. well I should have been barred from entering their place of business.  DH wants me to do some reverse glass painting, abstract which almost makes it doable...my extent of painting was when I worked for a crafter and painted hundreds of pumpkins and Christmas trees with these funny googly eyes .. but I'd like to do something.. just not sure how to get to the point of starting.