March 28, 2024, 12:12:32 PM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Recent Health Puzzler - Toxin React?

Started by SunnyDays09, April 23, 2011, 08:40:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SunnyDays09

Dd and I do our walking in the am at a local fieldhouse in my town.  They are rebuilding the older section that was once an elementary school,  of the center and lots of construction is happening. 

There were some men in the fieldhouse making repairs to a wall that was uncovered to access electrical wiring.  They had put on a new particle board wall then fastened the carpeting (mostly basket ball areas and walking/running area).  They had brought over some items to begin cleaning the area.

As I walked by I noticed a white container - much like the ones my dh uses on the house:  naptha?  Paint thinner?  Solvents like this.  I didn't see the name, but I continued walking.  Coming up to the area being cleaned with this stuff, I told dd I was going to make a mad dash to the bathroom-to do #2, to use simpler terms ;).  The one closest is a bathroom I just don't like to use at all.  Too many lockers, an old shower area...spoooky.  So I told her NO I'll run down the hall to the bathroom by the entrance doors.  And I took off!  This hasn't happened to me in years! 

As I got a few feet away, the feeling totally subsided.  I didn't have to "go".  I thought that was odd.  It was completely switched off.  I went back in to tell daughter, did another lap by the chemical and had to race down the hall again only to have the feeling of urgency to "go" vanish again.  Needless to say, I stayed OUT of the area from then on. 

I need to remember this for my new doctor to test for environmental toxins.  But what a thing to happen!  I need to find out what chemical they were using to clean the floor and make sure we don't have it in the house!

This is new to me.  All those years I suffered, could it just have been a reaction?   Years of being tested with blood work?  Xrays, ct scans, barium swallows and all that medicine?  Something to think about. 

I believe the time has come for all doctors to start checking for reactions/allergies/sensitivities to foods, chemicals, environmental toxins, etc.  Not just the usual cbc and lipids. 

Rose799

Good point, Happy.  Too, we're inundated with toxins; it's an overload to the immune system~ 

LaurieS

It could be the toxic chemicals and relationships in our lives... I got up this morning.. had my cup of coffee and bingo just like always I felt the need ... oh wait it wasn't my toxic life.. I simply had to go... go figure!

luise.volta

Did you find out what it was? It might be important to know.

And, I kid you not, toxic people really have affected me that way, Lauri.
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

LaurieS

Then I guess the next time I'm constipated I'll find a toxic person to deal with cheaper and more likely to have on hand then exlax :)

Rose799

Quote from: Laurie on April 23, 2011, 09:07:44 AM
It could be the toxic chemicals and relationships in our lives... I got up this morning.. had my cup of coffee and bingo just like always I felt the need ... oh wait it wasn't my toxic life.. I simply had to go... go figure!

::)  and then there's that...

SunnyDays09

Quote from: Laurie on April 23, 2011, 09:19:43 AM
Then I guess the next time I'm constipated I'll find a toxic person to deal with cheaper and more likely to have on hand then exlax :)

Hope that works for ya!  wink wink wink

I didn't mean to imply to you Laurie that it was a toxic relationship or person.  But a chemical.  A floor cleaner of some type.  I had taken a dump at home before leaving.  Didn't feel it was important to include that in the post.  Also, the pain in my stomach was pretty intense.  Hadn't happened in years and I am so happy you are not one diagnosed with any stomach problems.  YAY laurie. 

But some here are.  And we really need to be understanding.  Could be relationships.  Could be toxic people.  I don't know.  I was making the connection between the chemical that the workers were using at the time cleaning the floor that caused me to double up and feel like I was gonna load up my pants.  :)

Upon leaving the area, to use the washroom, the pain subsided.  It went away.  To only return after entering the area where the floor was being cleaned.  Hmmm.  No not coffee.  hahaha.  Not a person.  Sometimes with illness like allergies one must be very aware of foods eaten, items touched, etc.  As I am sure you are aware if you have ever known someone that has an allergy.  I know several children allergic to peanuts and it's not funny to me.  :)

Thanks for your input tho.  Helpful.  :)

SunnyDays09

Quote from: Laurie on April 23, 2011, 09:07:44 AM

wow.  just wow.

If these posts offend you in some way ...go!   :)  lol 

LaurieS

Offended?  I just did  not think that we were reduced to talking about #2, loading our pants or any of that.. Hmm maybe we need a new field for all these medical issues.

SunnyDays09

Who is this "we" and what do you mean? 

I felt I brought up the cramping subject as best as I could.  You didn't need reply.  But YOUR feelings are noted.  Thanks. 

Are you speaking for the entire board or just you?  I didn't find anything offensive until your reply about YOU.  Your coffee.  YOUR need to go. 

You missed the health aspect of my post entirely.  Guess it offend YOU and that's all that matters. 

I felt that since you didn't quite comprehend the post - it is obvious, that a more concise description had to be.  Hence, words like Dump. Chosen for you Laurie.

I don't know where you came up with relationship or a person as you posted in both of your posts.  If you do not have issues with your health, or can't make any reasonable suggestion to those that may, please just leave the post alone. 

Instead of making it a big joke.  One of my dearest friends has been suffering - I hope to get more information that it could very well be chemicals.  In the home, work, or even a health center. 

Or, perhaps in YOUR case - people.  Have a nice day.  :)

SunnyDays09

To those that do suffer - please bring up the matter of being tested.  Instead of having so many tests, many with radiation, and taking countless medications that don't help, consider allergy tests. 

I wish I had this information when I was sick.  Take care.  Good health and maybe switch to decaf   ;D

luise.volta

OK...we covered that. A very legitimate post about a serious issue to my way of thinking.

I'm going away for the day to celebrate my daughter's birthday. She is here from E. WA. I never had any biological daughters, as you know. Sonja (age 66 today) is my first "sort of" daughter (she's Kirk's "ex" and they are still friends) and now I have four more. (Not counting you "kids.") My "youngest, "Donna" is 52.

Be good while i"m gone. Read it over. Be sure it's a contribution to WWU before posting. Onward and upward.  :D

Sending love...
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

Tara

LaurieS

Hmmm looks like my post was deleted or somehow went poof

No Happy I don't think you need to dumb it down for me.. I think I comprehended your words and postings extremely well.. I don't think you need to take your bodily functions to the level of a first grader in order for me to comprehend.  But by all means continue on.. I'm sure I'm the only one here who cringed. 

SunnyDays09

There's always:  leave the post.  No?  I believe you may have even suggested that to others here.  Maybe not.

Don't like the post?  Find another.  Works for me *and I am sure it will help you with your "cringing."

Be warned:   There may be other #2 mentions.  OMG!!! :)