April 15, 2024, 11:48:30 PM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Personal Messaging and WWU Etiquette

Started by luise.volta, April 23, 2011, 08:18:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

holliberri

Pooh and Fafe....you two are the only ones I know of down south. I hope you are both safe and sound.

luise.volta

KIRK SAYS HE HAS EVERYTHING READY TO GO ON MAY 1ST:

1. Personal Messaging will go off permanently
           2. You will all have full Moderator Power

Right above the last post (after Quote) will be added  - Modify, Remove, Split Topic
               Right below the last post will be added - Move Topic, Remove Topic, Lock Topic, Merge Topics

TITLES:

Kirk: Administrator

Luise: Global Moderator

Laurie, Holly, Pam1, Pooh and Pen: Moderator

Get ready...get set...
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

LaurieS

So you are doing away with the email option as well? 

Nana

Luise: Global Moderator

Laurie, Holly, Pam1, Pooh and Pen: Moderator

Reminds of :  Charlie's Angels   lol
Love is not love Which alters when it alteration finds, Or bends with the remover to remove:
Shakespeare

Pen

Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

luise.volta

Love it, Pen!  ;D ;D ;D

No, Laurie, the email system you have set up with each other and me is ready to go. You have to have a way to stay in touch with each other besides occasional chats. I can see that (finally)...and some moderators may want to connect that way via their dedicated email addresses with members. Like, "Jellyfish, please email me at ____@______.com if you feel comfortable doing that and we'll talk about this a little bit." Unwanted emails can be ignored.

I wasn't able to ignore the PMs I got because I was being held responsible for them, as part of my site.

Rose799

Quote from: Holly on April 28, 2011, 10:16:28 AM
Pooh and Fafe....you two are the only ones I know of down south. I hope you are both safe and sound.

You're in my thoughts, as well.  Hope to hear from you soon... 

holliberri

FAFE, I saw you on...I hope that means everything is okay.

Pooh...waiting for news...

AnonymousDIL

Yes, praying for the safety of all the ladies down south. These storms are horrible. :-(

Pooh

I only have time to write a few lines.  I am safe but our county is horrible.  We had five seperate tornados out of five different storms.  The first two have been classified as EF2, they are still trying to classify the last 3 that hit us all in a span of 3 hours.  They are thinking EF4.  We have right now around 150 totally destroyed homes, 600 halfway destroyed and I don't know how many with minor damage.  They have just now entered the 4th area, so that number is climbing.  We have had 9 fatalities.  The 4th tornado went over our building and we just have minor damage but the roar was horrible and no one stopped answering the 911 phones.  It was amazing.

I worked 18 hrs, 3 hrs sleep then 14 more.  I got 4 hrs sleep last night and back at 7 this morning.  I will have to work thru the weekend so I will not be on. 

I have never seen anything like it in my life, and I just want to cry.  It is horrible.  We are in Cleveland, TN, Bradley County as there are many news reporters here if you want to track us.  Thanks for the prayers and well wishes.  I have never been so proud in my life of all the emergency response people and a community.

Thanks guys and sorry that I can't get on right now but I will catch up next week!
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

luise.volta

Oh, Pooh, how terrible. You are making such a huge contribution. Please remember your health concerns and don't burn the candle at both ends down to where it whacks your already distressed immune system. Sending tons of love, caring and appreciation for you and what you are.

holliberri

Pooh, I am glad you're safe and sound. I'm also glad you're there to help those that need it so badly right now.  I haven't heard much about your area, I've only really heard about Alabama so far. I hope you're taking care of yourself as best you can. I will be thinking of you. Rest when you can!

lancaster lady

thinking of you Pooh Bear ....stay safe my friend ...the weather has gone mad in the world lately ...thoughts are with all those families ...take care ...x

luise.volta

Pooh - We just got a report in form Kennedy: "Tornadoes, Tornadoes, Tornadoes" and I copied and pasted your post over on that thread, as well. Hard to imagine! We are all with you!

pam1

Pooh -  you and your family and area are in my thoughts.  I'll be keeping an eye out on TN. 
People throw rocks at things that shine - Taylor Swift