March 28, 2024, 04:35:49 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Personal Messaging and WWU Etiquette

Started by luise.volta, April 23, 2011, 08:18:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nana

I completely agree with Pooh.  We were all Newbies once, and I dont know about others but I did feel I was walking on eggshells.  It is enough walking on eggshells with our grown children or dil/sil, and still have to walk on eggshells in a forum where we are looking for understanding, advice, or simply to vent.    Better said by Pooh.

We need Pooh on Luise's team because she can be the defending Or neutral side Lol> 

Lancaster Lady would also be great in this squad.

Love   
Love is not love Which alters when it alteration finds, Or bends with the remover to remove:
Shakespeare

lancaster lady

Thankyou Nana for your support ,however I'm far to sensitive for loads of topics here and would end up crying  all day .....LOL

Pooh

Quote from: Nana on April 25, 2011, 03:46:53 PM
I completely agree with Pooh.  We were all Newbies once, and I dont know about others but I did feel I was walking on eggshells.  It is enough walking on eggshells with our grown children or dil/sil, and still have to walk on eggshells in a forum where we are looking for understanding, advice, or simply to vent.    Better said by Pooh.

We need Pooh on Luise's team because she can be the defending Or neutral side Lol> 

Lancaster Lady would also be great in this squad.

Love

Thank you Nana.  You are always so kind and I think you would make an excellent neutral party.  You always make me smile with your words and I enjoy reading anything you write.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

Nana

Thanks Pooh.  You know that I also look forward to your posts. 

I dont think I have the guts to stop strong winds.  So I'll leave it to beaver (you)

Love.

Love is not love Which alters when it alteration finds, Or bends with the remover to remove:
Shakespeare

luise.volta

April 26, 2011, 11:51:36 AM #94 Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 05:12:44 PM by luise.volta
Hi All,

I have Kirk's feedback and here is my tentative plan, starting May 1st:

There will be no more PMs as of May 1st (for all the reasons I have outlined.) So, obviously, no PM Guru.

No "Newbie-mom" We get too many non-posters. Each Category Moderator will handle her "Newbies."

Each Category Moderator will need to be willing to interact with me via email and I will do my best to help out and still not micro-manage. I will delete posts you want deleted and members you feel are detrimental to our site. Each Category Moderator can pick an assistant if she wants too but I won't be involved in that process. You will all have your own management style.

I am asking, via this post, that those I have listed below consider taking the jobs outlined. Let me know, when you can...if you are on board.

Team:

I would like to ask Laurie to be my Forum Assistant. Trouble-shooting semi-technical issues, teaching and just keeping an eye on the overview. In addition she would be Category Moderator for the seldom used categories: Forum Support, Commercial Stuff, Internet, Biographical Sketches, Helpful Resources, Success Stories and Poems and Writings. The other Category Moderators could refer members to her at Helpful Resources with technical questions. Any posts that come in under Open Me First, I will redirect.

I would like to ask Pooh and Pen, who offered to jointly manage a category, to take Grab Bag.

I would like to ask Holly to take DILs and/or SILs.

I would like to ask Pam1 to take Adult Sons and/or Adult Daughters.

I would like to ask Tara to take Grandchildren and DIL's and SILs Parents.

We are starting year three and all of the above looks appropriate and do-able to me. I hope it does to you, too...because it really is your Website to manage and grow. I'm not stepping out of my role but I am stepping back.

Sending love and gratitude...

Luise
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

Pooh

I would be happy to help and very happy to coordinate and juggle it with Pen, if she's willing.  I will email you now Luise, at your email you provided with the title "WWU Team" so you will have mine.  Thank you for trusting me with your baby.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

holliberri

Same here, Luise. I am out the door of work, so I'll e-mail you when I get home.

lancaster lady

GO TEAM !!!! Good luck you guys ...xx

luise.volta

Wonderful!

If anyone else volunteered that I missed...(I did take notes), please look at offering to work with one of these ladies. I think everyone will need back up and someone to bounce issues off of.

Rose799

I have faith in the team, too!!  And this way, you'll be free to come out & play with us more often, Luise!  YEAH!!!  :D :D :D

Nana

Thanks Luise.

You got the perfect Team  (Äll  Star Team).  I know they will do fine.  Thanks Ladies for your time and good will.  Love you all.
Luise....you are not stepping back....you are delegating. 

Best wishes....
Shakespeare

pam1

Sounds good to me.  I'll get an email account I'll post to the site so anyone can contact me there after May 1st.
People throw rocks at things that shine - Taylor Swift

luise.volta

Great Pam! Thanks! So you are taking over Adult Sons and/or Daughters May 1st, right?

Holly asked about how I intended to handle complaints that I might get about Category Moderators, so I took my email address out of my reorg post above. I definitely don't want it floating around.

Tara

Hi Luise,

I'm happy that the team is forming for support of WWU.  I am wondering if I might be able to function as a
back up person for one of the posting areas...(if one is needed)   I think backing up might be a better match for my schedule as
I'm building my private practice and also will be out of town a fair amt this next three months.

luise.volta

Thanks, Tara. Let's put it out there that you are up for being someones backup.

Is there anyone who would like to be the Category Moderator for Grandparents and DILs and SILs Parents? These are not high traffic categories. That's why there are two.

Julia would you like to take that on?