April 19, 2024, 06:38:11 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Personal Messaging and WWU Etiquette

Started by luise.volta, April 23, 2011, 08:18:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pooh

Aww thank you LL.  I don't think of you a newbie at all.  You are my Bonny Lass!
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

lancaster lady

Love you too Pooh Bear ......and thanks ......feeling low for no reason at all ......bummer ...xx

Pooh

Well, it happens to all of us.  We just have to give ourselves a "free pass" to have a bad day every once in a while.  And then we start singing and feel all better quickly.....

"Just what makes that little ole' ant....think he can move a rubber tree plant....everone knows...an ant....can't...move a rubber tree plant, but...."

(Sing with me loudly!)

"HE"S GOT HIIIIGGGGHHHH HOPES!  HE'S GOT HIIIIGGGGHHHHH HOPES!  HE'S GOT...HIGH APPLE PIE IN THE SKY HOPES!!!"

(I was gonna go with Madonna's "Like a Virgin" but I knew Laurie would have something smart aleck to say!)
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

lancaster lady

Lol ......love you more now !.......haha

holliberri

Yes, and since she has already used HIGH HOPES in one of her smart aleck comments earlier this year...she probably won't again.

Pooh

Joseph Campbell

LaurieS

I use to sing that song as a young innocent girl.. I had dreams, I had hopes and I had goals.  Hi Hopes was my inspiration, the song gave me direction and solitude when the skies became darkened by doubt.  That ant.. that was me for a time in my life, the little old ant... now my mind wanders back to those days, those days of dreams.. and you've shattered my past dreams and goals, you've cheapened my memories.. and the ant... the little old ant *silently weeping* the ant.. oh my gosh the ant.. he had high hopes, really really high hopes

Rose799

Good grief, Pooh, what in the world did you say in that other post?!!!  Poor Lauri...and that poor, pitiful ant!!!   

AnonymousDIL

Quote from: Laurie on April 25, 2011, 01:41:21 PM
I use to sing that song as a young innocent girl.. I had dreams, I had hopes and I had goals.  Hi Hopes was my inspiration, the song gave me direction and solitude when the skies became darkened by doubt.  That ant.. that was me for a time in my life, the little old ant... now my mind wanders back to those days, those days of dreams.. and you've shattered my past dreams and goals, you've cheapened my memories.. and the ant... the little old ant *silently weeping* the ant.. oh my gosh the ant.. he had high hopes, really really high hopes

Laurie, are you starting to feel warm? I'm sitting with a magnifying glass FRYING that little Ant! Mwahahahaha!!!!!

I was hoping for the smart aleck comments on "Like a Virgin" LOL

Pooh

She's lying...she used to watch Laverne and Shirley!
Joseph Campbell

LaurieS

I had to Pooh.. Laverne and I both had a giant L

And adil .. you would be the rotten kid who fried the ants :)

luise.volta

Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

LaurieS

LaurieS

Quote from: Rose799 on April 25, 2011, 01:47:55 PM
Good grief, Pooh, what in the world did you say in that other post?!!!  Poor Lauri...and that poor, pitiful ant!!!

Thank you Rose and the ant thanks you too

luise.volta

Pooh doesn't require encouragement...
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama