March 28, 2024, 04:54:43 PM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Personal Messaging and WWU Etiquette

Started by luise.volta, April 23, 2011, 08:18:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pooh

Just let me know what you guys decide.  I have never had a gmail account as I have all my msn accounts (live, hotmail, etc. linked together).

We use MSN instant messenger at work and it allows people with different emails to talk to each other I believe.  Seems I remember a few of them had yahoo accounts and were still able to join.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

holliberri

I am on any one you ladies decide to use.

pam1

I have no idea, so you guys tell me what to do.
People throw rocks at things that shine - Taylor Swift

Pooh

Lol Pam!  Me too.  If I need to open a gmail, I will.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

pam1

LOL Pooh.  Check your ring finger, is it close in length to your pointer finger?  That means your technology impaired.  Serious.  The longer in length your ring finger is compared to your pointer, apparently means something connected to your brain and testosterone, which in turn affects if you're technologically efficient.  And I am serious here lol.

So basically, if you're a technophobe like me, you've got about the same length ring finger and pointer finger.  Which means we did not get enough testosterone in the womb.  And we can blame our mothers for that.  LOL

Pooh

Well mine are the same length too but I'm finding that a hard comparison after what I shared with you guys on the whole "hair everywhere" talk......
Joseph Campbell

pam1

pam1

Hey Pen, just a heads up -- but the Mod Squads various emails to you are being returned.  I don't if it is us or you LOL

Pen

Oh no. I put you all in contacts, so I don't know what the issue is.
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

Pooh

Umm...it was us Pen!!!!  Holly straightened us out! Lol.
Joseph Campbell

Pen

Good, I was just composing an email for testing purposes. Away we go!
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

LaurieS

I am new to gmail myself, there are some nice convenient features that may come in handy for your purposes.  The instant messenger services are nice if you happen to remember to turn them on :)  Gmail can be configured with most email editors, the majority already has it.  My suggestion would be for everyone to obtain a gmail acct, and put wwu as a part of your name..  example mine is laurie.wwu@gmail.com .. this would also turn into your disposable account if and when needed.

Holly has used this program more, but she did show me where to add people to a chat until you have created a chat room with everyone in it that was #1 online at the time and #2 accepted the invitation.

Gmail is a free service like hot mail... looks like a nice program.. that would be my suggestion at this time.

luise.volta

Thanks Laurie. I already have a gmail account, so will try to open a new one with WWU in it. If you are willing to take this on and set it up...and schedule and monitor that chats, I would be grateful. Just a suggestion for you to consider.
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

luise.volta

OK - I am now at luise.wwy@gmail.com Laurie walked me through the process tonight.

luise.volta

I am going to close this thread because it is open to the membership and has been used to develop a team of Moderators. From here on in, we need to keep our work on a team basis instead of on an open forum.
Email is the way, no matter how cumbersome and chats, if we can figure those out.

After opening a new account at gmail, I wonder why I needed to because you all have my old email  address and I am not an anonymous person...so you can just keep using the one I first gave you. I have not wanted to entire membership to have it for obvious reasons.

Thanks to all of you for stepping forward on day one and taking this on. Sending love and appreciation.