March 29, 2024, 12:21:56 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Personal Messaging and WWU Etiquette

Started by luise.volta, April 23, 2011, 08:18:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pam1

Holly or Mod Squad,

Where should I be setting up my email account?  And where is the chat thingie?

Love Technology Challenged Pam
People throw rocks at things that shine - Taylor Swift

LaurieS

I know that gmail has a chat option and it a free online email service

Pen

Question: Since we're not officially in Mod Squad mode yet, may we welcome a newbie who isn't in our category? LadyD sounds like she needs a kind word or two.
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

luise.volta

Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

luise.volta

Mod Squad: I know you are all going to have your own leadership styles but here is one example of a welcome:

Welcome_______: If you haven't already done so, please go to the Home Page and read the first two posts under "Open Me First." The first one,  "Modified Forum Agreement" is something you need to read, understand and agree to follow to be a member of WWU. The second, "Welcome...Here's How This Happened" will give you some history.

Happy posting...listening...learning...contributing and hopefully...laughing!

pam1

People throw rocks at things that shine - Taylor Swift

luise.volta

April 30, 2011, 06:07:12 PM #156 Last Edit: May 01, 2011, 09:28:35 PM by luise.volta
OK, Team...Kirk just flipped the switch. You're on! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D (One for each of you.)

None of us has the PM option any longer. I am going to post my email address again here, temporarily, so you all have it. I carefully wrote down yours and can't fine the slip of paper I wrote them on. (Senior moment?) I have pam1's because she just posted it, but if the rest of you would email me yours I promise to get them into my gmail address book this time. 

It's totally up to you whether you post your email addresses in your profiles or not and how much you interact with your members via email. I've let go of that. You're all going to have your own styles.

We will always have some overlap in subject matter due to the way people post and the way threads are sometimes hi-jacked, (guilty,) so... wherever the original subject comes in, that will be where the thread lives and which Moderator it is under...no matter how the data may wander off the subject.

We may have a few glitches to iron out...be we're up and running.

Congratulations to all of you who stepped up to the plate. Thank you so much!! You now have your magic wands!

Sending love...

luise.volta

luise.volta

OK, it looks to me like we can close this thread as soon as you have agreed on a chat place and time and everyone is able to show up there. Let me know what you decide. I will remove my email address from a recent post here as soon as the weekend is over and everyone has caught up and is on board and connected.

Bless your hearts!!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Pooh

Pen, I am hoping you can pick up the slack for me the next couple of weeks.  I promise I will make it up to you.  Everyone else, I will catch up and get on board with everything you are doing when I can.

Luise, I can see all those functions and it looks wonderful. 
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

luise.volta

Pen, let me know if you need any help.

And yes, Pooh, those functions are all necessary if you are going to do the Mod Squad thing.  :D

Pen

No problem. I won't be able to read or post while at work, but will check in before and after. Let me know about the chat arrangements.
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

luise.volta

Laurie are you putting the chat together? Let us know via email, OK?

cadagi101

well done girls...(mod squad)  and chief mod Luise.    The changes are exciting I,m sure it will run smoothly.      I have been away for a while still reading though.     I may not post for a little while...a bit busy...

luise.volta