April 19, 2024, 12:38:46 PM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Look what's NEW!!!

Started by Kennedy, April 22, 2011, 06:52:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pam1

Wow, she's so beautiful Kennedy!  Congratulations to you and your family. 
People throw rocks at things that shine - Taylor Swift

jill

Congratulations Kennedy, what a sweetheart she is, she is a lucky little girl to have such a loving grandma!!  Have they chosen a name for her yet?  Best wishes....Jill

Kennedy

I have a "SMILE" ear to ear right now! Every single reply was so kind and sweet! Thank you for sharing my joy.
Baby and Mommy are both doing great!
The Lord has blessed this family and we are grateful!
Who ever asked about her Name?  They named her after my DILs late Mother, Abigail. I really don't need to give out more than that. I hope you understand.
It is going to be a blessed Easter for us!! The other GC  all met here at 11am today and we colored eggs for tomorrow. They even colored a pink egg for Abi.
I am sending Happy Easter wishes to each and everyone of you!! God Bless you and your families!

LaurieS

I'm really sorry that your dil's mother could not be here to see her granddaughter.... Naming the baby after her is such a loving tribute.  Thanks for sharing that part of your life.

jill

Hi Kennedy,
I am sorry it was me who asked about her name.  It is just whenever I see a beautiful baby girl, I want to know what a beautiful name she has.  I forgot for a moment about confidentiality.  Did not mean to put you on the spot at all....................Jill

LaurieS

Jill.. like you it's the first question I usually ask when I see a baby... well if it's obviously a boy or girl... Names mean so much and are really the first major thing you will do in your child's life.... It really is a monumental responsibility .. someone here said that in their country the babies name had to be government approved.

Kennedy

Jill, No worries!!  It is completely normal and actually sweet that you asked. I wish I could just go on and on about every detail.  And her other Grandmother is smiling from Heaven I just know it!
I just try not to over step my bounds with what I tell or show. That is their Parents call. I wouldn't want someone else making those judgements for me. That is all I meant by what I said before.
I try to remember  I'm the Grandma.. Not the Mom or Dad. I even made sure it was okay I told and showed what I did before I did it. LOL  I wouldn't want to dampen the bliss those two are sharing right now by anything I done.
So no need for anyone to be sorry. I thank you for all your well wishes!

courtney

She's so beautiful. You are making me smile & tear up at the same time, sensing your happiness! Congtatulations to all!
Thanks for sharing. -Courtney

Nana

Kennedy

Congratulations on your fifth grandchild. She is adorable.  And yes...it may be the fifth and you still get all excited.  I have a new grandchild also (the third) and I am all crazy for her.  She is three months now....and I think she is the most beautiful baby in the universe. 

May God Bless you all.

Love
Love is not love Which alters when it alteration finds, Or bends with the remover to remove:
Shakespeare

lancaster lady

It's hard to explain that feeling on becoming a granma .....It's as though your heart will burst ! ....even harder if you get rejected ....you  sound an amazing GM ,Kennedy ......sending love for your precious Abigail ........my darling GD is Abigail Rose ......she melts my heart ..... :-*

Kennedy

Thanks again to each of you who has taken a moment to share in my joy!

Pooh

Congrats Kennedy!  She is absolutely gorgeous!
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell