March 28, 2024, 04:50:19 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Remarks or comments on Acupunture treatments and Probiotics

Started by Louey0727, April 22, 2011, 03:53:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Louey0727

Have any of you ladies ever had acupunture and for what reason, and did it help?

Also, have any of you ever taken Probiotic Replacement Treatments.  It is for chronic parasitic and fungal infections it contains acidophlilus - - it is for other reasons, but mainly it "to recolonize intestinal walls" with good bacteria.

Would really like to hear from anyone who has tried either one of the above.

luise.volta

I ahve but it too subtle for me. i can never tell if it helped or not.
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

holliberri

Acupuncture was used for migraines...I loved it. Pain free and my migraines lessened. But, it got too costly for me. It is worth it though.

Probiotics...they are in my dd's formula. She has never been sick. No belly problems, no fevers, and only pink eye once. I credit the probiotics with that, but that is a purely biased opinion. I think we catch a lot of problems in our intestines first, and they spread from there. Just my opinion though! 

Pen

I've used both. Saw immediate relief from acupuncture. I think probiotics are important and take them regularly. They seem to help but not in an immediately noticeable way.
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

SunnyDays09

I had acupuncture a few years ago * and it helped immensely.  Mind you I have some qualms about needles but this was ok.  No pain at all.  Administered by a woman and she put a heat lamp on the areas with the needles. 

I was having extreme pain in my left arm from a bulging disc in my neck.  She also put many of the needles in my ab area.  As well as in the elbow.  I had three or four sessions in all.  After the second, I was so relaxed it's difficult to describe.  Very, very relaxing.  Would love to do this again.  My arm was better with NO meds --  within days. 

Probiotics?  Every other day:  PB8 or Nature's Way Primadophilus Bifidus. 

Greek yogurt - plain or plain Kefir on mornings that I don't take the probiotics.   

Louey0727

To:HappyDays09:
Would like to hear more about the name of the Probiotics, you take.
Where do you buy yours (are you in the States or Canada).
Is yours a powder form or capsules?
How long have you been taking the Probiotics and for what reason?
I am asking all these questions, because I had my blood analyzed and the reading stated I had a lot of bad bacteria.  I took MMF Replete, Genestra Brand, 1 pack for seven days and felt wonderful (purchased from the Acupunturist) then put me on the HMF Super Powder regimine, 1/4 tsp. twice a day, but don't feel as well. 
By the way both are very costly.  I looked up products on google and there are so many brands, and I am confused as what to buy at a cheaper price.  The PB8 or Nature's Way Primadophilus Bifidus you take, do you use it every other day, have you seen improvements and where do you purchase this product from?
Thanks for your comments.
By the way, I have gone to the Acupunturist 8 times, for jaw pain, leg and back pain, and I have had no improvement.  The acupunturist said I would have to come for months (but it is very costly - going twice a week).
When do you take the PB8? with meals at breakfast etc. etc.

lancaster lady

Acupuncture doesn't work for everyone .After eight treatments ,I would say It's not working for you . You could try another practitioner to see any difference . Do you have a health store near you ? There are so many different kinds of good bacteria for different symptoms ....an alternative medicine practitioner would be able to.point you in the right direction .......Acupuncture worked for me for arthritis ,but you should have felt relief after  maybe three sessions at the most .....my problem is chronic so need regular sessions,but miss it when I.don't have it .

SunnyDays09

I read that probiotics are beneficial for those without gallbladders.  IBS.  I have pretty much tried them all.  They seem to keep inflammation down, I believe.  Since I have a history of ulcer/intestinal inflammation and some absorption issues, I do what I can to help digestion.  I believe probiotics help.  As well as digestive enzymes that I take when really stressed.

Mine have always been in capsule form.  Purchased at health food stores in US.  I don't believe I have ever taken the same twice.  I stagger the probiotics: Mon, Wed, Fri and in between do kefir smoothies or yogurt.  I dont have the doubling over cramping any more.  Or the looseness that kept me housebound until noon!  Could be the cleaner diet too tho.  Organic.  Lots of salad, fruits.   Trying to go low glycemic.  Maybe raw?  But there is the goiter problem so I am limited on some foods. 

I have found goat milk products to be far more tolerable than cows.  Cheese, yogurt, milk, etc.

As for the acupuncture, I was also seeing an ACTIVE RELEASE Chiropractor.  Oh, man that hurt like crazy.  Never once did he crack anything.  It was slowly moving the painful thing while he pressed into the muscle!  OUCH!  For my neck I would have to move my head slowly to the side or down/up while he pressed on the muscle that he felt was holding everything up.  Then into the upper shoulders and back.  After three visits, I was feeling so much better.  I have disc bulging in the cervical spine (three or four areas) and some degenerative stuff that I was once on ES Vicodin, some muscle relaxers, valium and sleeping pills.  Gosh, those were awful times!!  Surgeons wanted to put a rod in my neck at C3 level!! back in 96.  I said NO thanks.  Found Active Release for my daughter actually - tried it for my neck and have been symptom free since 00?  Wonderful stuff.  Might not work for all.  I saw the acupuncturist for sore muscles around my elbow after the chiropractor.  I didn't think it would do a thing and I came away very surprised.  I enjoyed it just for the relaxed feeling it gave me.  Arm pain was immediately lessened after the second visit. 

I began doing cleanses and detoxes.  Doctors made fun of me when I told them this.  But I kept on.  Blood/liver, candida, you name them--I did them.  Then went all organic.  Now, trying gluten free.  That gluten is bad.  Real bad.  They can't remove it for all those big companies would have to spend a little more.  That isn't going to happen.

I found Iodine/iodide.  Began detoxing all the chlorine, fluoride and bromide big time!!!  I am self treating my thyroid.  I am worried it could be cancer.  So I am doing the Browstein/Flechas/Abraham iodine protocols.  I feel this iodine issue is what caused many of my female issues, too. 

On the days when I take the capsule, it is usually around lunch meal.  On the other days the yogurt/kefir is at breakfast.  But I am thinking of starting the enzyme again and I take that in evening. 

pam1

I just tried fertility acupuncture, didn't hurt at all.  It's too soon to tell if it worked  ;D  but you guys will be the first (ok, maybe second) to know!
People throw rocks at things that shine - Taylor Swift

SunnyDays09

Try if you can, pam to totally relax with it.  The first time I saw the needles I freaked out.  They scare me, they do!

The second time was way different.  Once the warmth of the lamp began, I felt so amazingly calm!  I would love to try it again for stress, but it will have to wait  due to LOM (lack of money :))

It is so subtle.  As soon as you relax every muscle, I think the pathways open up quicker.  I let my forehead relax, my jaw, upper shoulders.  Took two giant slow breaths and total calm over me. 

lancaster lady

I have been using Luise's Chakra Meditation .....it's wonderful for relaxing .
Another great suggestion , thanks Luise .... :)

Re acupuncture , I'm so lucky , my General Practitioner (doc ) does it for free .... :)

SunnyDays09

Is there a sticky on Luise's Chakra Meditation?  Post?  Thanks. 

(I have failed miserably at meditation.  Mind wanders off to things I could be doing:  dusting, laundry, dog walking...)

lancaster lady

I just Googled Chakra Meditation .....comes up on U Tube ..... 8)

SunnyDays09

Thanks.  Wasn't sure if there was a specific "Luise" version, or not.  :)

Rose799

It's a good idea to take probiotics while on antibiotics, as it helps prevent yeast infections.  The antibiotics kill both good & bad bacteria.