March 28, 2024, 03:06:52 PM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

New Family Member - Four-footed Variety

Started by luise.volta, April 22, 2011, 02:50:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

luise.volta

April 22, 2011, 02:50:54 PM Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 03:53:02 PM by luise.volta
Well, when I went to pick up my little, 15 year-old, Chihuahua...Me, Too's ashes, my vet, who knew we wanted another pet... asked if I had checked the Northwest Organization for Animal Help, N.O.A.H., because the local shelters all send dogs there. (They don't euthanize.) I stopped on my way home and I found a marvelous Basenji-terrier mix, Rosa. She's 18 months old and very sweet tempered...a "must" because I take my dog to our nursing facility every day to visit Val and the other residents. She was surrendered on the day Me, Too died because her owner was unwell and couldn't care for her any longer. The first shelter spayed her and gave her the required shots and tests and sent her on to N.O.A.H.

We are enrolled in an obedience class which seems silly to me since I have always obeyed my dogs without question. LOL!

ROSA
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

lancaster lady

Luise ..
  Hello Rosa !.she is adorable !! I cannot live without a dog either ....we have a llasa apso  called Amy ....
hope you'll both be very happy ...which of course you will ....!

Rose799

Awe, I'm so happy for you, Luise, & Rosie, too.  She's one lucky little puppy to have you as her mom!   ;)

luise.volta

One of my close friends calls it having to have her "fur-fix!"  ;D ;D ;D

cadagi101

Luise this is such a lovely ending...no not an ending hang on...  new beginning for you .   We just know our new little dog loves us by the way he looks at us, talks and loves a scratch.      We know he is eternally grateful we chose him from the pound and he now has a contented life.     I was so sure I could never love another little dog after ours was killed, another dog will never replace him but  this "new one (it;s 4 years now, is a great companian, I take him to our other little dogs grave and tell him about the one we lost. 

holliberri

Luise, that is wonderful! She is a beauty!

free_at_last

Luise, she is beautiful!  For those of us that love animals, pets add so much to our lives.  I'm so glad you made the decision to get another dog quickly...you will have many happy years together!

Kennedy

Pen

I'm glad you and Val have a new buddy. She looks very bright and chipper...just like you, Luise. Congratulations!
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

luise.volta

Thanks everyone!  ;D ;D ;D (And thanks, Laurie, for teaching me how to post pictures here!)

SunnyDays09

welcome to wwu Rosa!  and congratulations Luise on your new companion!  She is adorable. 

Sassy

Those eyes! That nose!  You're so lucky you get to plant kisses on that little snout!

(We found our rescue kitties on Petfinder.com, where a network of shelters across the country post what I can best describe as cheesecake photos.)

Tara

Luise,

Rosa is a beauty and so sweet, thats wonderful. 
I'm happy for you.

Hope

Rosa's one lucky puppy.  She's found a great home and will be good company for you and Val.
Congrats!
Hugs, Hope

pam1

Luise!  I am so happy for you and Rosa, what a beautiful pup. 
People throw rocks at things that shine - Taylor Swift