March 28, 2024, 08:37:41 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

I am totally bragging right now...

Started by overwhelmed123, April 21, 2011, 05:40:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

overwhelmed123

Okay, I just wanted to pat myself on the back for a moment, LOL.  We just got a new TV to replace the one in our living room.  My H didn't know that they delivered it today, and I wanted to surprise him, so I disassembled the one we have up on the entertainment stand (52" and pretty bulky), and moved it into the other room all by myself.  Then I assembled the new one (55" but slimmer..although still really heavy!!), lifted it up onto the entertainment stand, and hooked up all the cables to the home theater receiver/satellite dish.  I am so proud of myself!!  I can't believe I did all that myself...especially hooking all the wires up...I still don't know how I managed to get them right.  Now when he gets home tonight, he will walk into the room with our brand new TV on!!  I hope he's proud of me!  LOL!  I had to take a shower 'cause I got all gross putting it together.

Sorry...I just had to share with others how self sufficient I was today!  Can't wait to see DH's face!  It's the little things in life...

Pooh

We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

holliberri

That is awesome! You'll have to let us know his reaction.

DH says there is nothing hotter than a woman reading directions and hooking up wires correctly!  :)

overwhelmed123

LOL, thanks my MIL Pooh!

And I will Holly!  He is so funny- I was telling him I had a surprise for him and he asked, "Is it food?"  I didn't answer but was thinking...I hope when he sees it, he thinks it's better than "food..."  Haha.

luise.volta

Wow. !'m so impressed. I got to tired watching Kirk instill my wall mounted TV and Sound Bar that I had to rest up for a week!  :o
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

overwhelmed123

Okay, it was a success!  Our living room is the first room you walk into after entering from the garage area, so he walked in and first looked at me on the couch and greeted me.  Then turns to look at the TV and gave the loudest gasp ever.  You know, like little kids do when they get a big surprise?  It was so funny!  "Oh my gosh!  This is our TV?  Did you put it together by yourself?  When did it come?  I can't believe you didn't tell me!"  I got an extra kiss for my hard work.  ;)  That was fun. 

Kennedy

Congrats girl! I love the feeling of getting things done. I hope he gave you a huge smile and hug when he got home.  ;)

holliberri

Awesome! I knew he'd enjoy it, but I'm glad you got a good reaction out of him!

overwhelmed123

Should have taken a picture of his face!  Thankfully, I think it was better than "food."  ;)

cadagi101

Quote from: Holly on April 21, 2011, 05:47:19 PM
That is awesome! You'll have to let us know his reaction.

DH says there is nothing hotter than a woman reading directions and hooking up wires correctly!  :)

that's funny but so true,  but I never read directions and then get in a mess so dh does it and studies the directions first.     Just like ther's nothing hotter than a man vacumming!!

holliberri

Julia; agreed! My ILs make fun of my DH b/c he does some of the domestic things. (They bought him a pink ruffly apron last year). But, I find it pretty sexy when he's doing dishes!

Maybe I better put together the shelves for him this weekend. It's not a big screen TV or anything, but it's cheap!

Hope

Great job, Overwhelmed!  I don't know how you did that!!!!  Those TV's are HEAVY!  And the wiring - whew!  That's impressive. My dh wouldn't know what to think if I did that - I think he'd pass out from shock.  So happy your dh appreciated your hard work and thoughtfulness.  Applause, applause! 
Hugs, Hope

Pen

Holly, I agree there's nothing hotter than a man helping around the house. If they only knew...

OW, good on ya! I'll bet your DH thought you were hot stuff too. Way to go!
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

SunnyDays09

Wow.  I am happy you did it!  For there were so many times dh would have to get the surprise unstuck from the trunk, or unwedge it from the hall.  More times than I care to recall.  Or he'd come home while I am carrying in!!

Good for you overwhelmed!!! 

holliberri

HD, I was never good at that either. I got him a videobox that needed a special cord for our TV for Christmas. I bought both, hid the videobox but forgot about the cord.

He saw the cord when we got in the car that night. I was found out... LOL. Secrets have never been easy for me!