March 28, 2024, 07:32:49 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

I would have never gotten away with it.

Started by SassyDI, April 27, 2011, 05:12:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaurieS

We should have them answer a questionnaire as they enter the forum

1. Are you really new here or did you go through a reincarnation of sorts
2. Do you view life as a mil or a dil
3. What does your real name rhyme with
4.  Please list all touchy subjects, then as Robin Williams character said it "Prepare yourself Effie" 

luise.volta

It all comes down to "Take what you want and leave the rest." And if a thread doesn't suit you, move on to another one...or start your own. If a post upsets you, ignore it. We can't custom tailor this forum any more than we can custom tailor life. We try our best...that's all we've got. And for me, my best is apt to shift and change from day to day. Sending love...
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

Kennedy

Going back to the OP, Speaking only for myself, I've often tried to be open and honest with "myself" about why it hurts,bothers,bugs,ect. me so very much when my Children have to punish their children?
And to be honest I don't have an answer. I guess I haven't reached  that level of self understanding? It does though! Besides the dangerous things that any person with a brain would know has to be dealt with.But the more simple things such as running,jumping on the beds,writing on the wall. All the things I would of gotten on to my children about! But it just seems no big issue when the grandchildren do it.
I know more tricks now about how to clean off the walls ect.  I do have a  talk with the child. But I don't punish them. Talking is all that I've ever had to do to get through to them though. Maybe if it didn't I would feel differently?
Maybe I'm just to lazy to try to be perfect like I did when I was a young Mother? I honestly don't know?
I follow any and all rules the parents expect to be followed when I know them.
If they say, "No sweets." I just hide it all so it's not a problem instead of fussing on the children. LOL
So reading everyones points of view has been interesting to me.
I am pretty sure our Children know that it just kills me when the grandchildren get into bad trouble? they usually never do it in our home.
Our children don't hit/spank their children just like we never hit them. So that may be why talking about what is okay and what isn't works okay for us? Like I said, I honestly don't have a clue? LOL