March 28, 2024, 03:20:43 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

What ever happened to...?

Started by SunnyDays09, April 21, 2011, 07:09:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SunnyDays09

I barely got to know some of you and I am leaving.  Great.  Things change, I suppose.  I know I have.  Since there isn't a "NO CONTACT" thread stickied my usefulness is unneeded, imo. 
  I do just want to say this is a wonderful place to help those that are having difficulties.  I guess my "therapy" time has ended, for I just don't feel the fit anymore.
   I am from a long time ago and was stopping by less and less getting into more health sites and so on; I really don't know anyone here.  Many have changed names, have just left or been banned. 

So, thank you all for the support and kindness shared.  You have no idea how much I appreciate it.  But it's time to go. 
  Good luck with all you do - I hope your days are full of great things.  :)

HappyDays.

pam1

I am really confused, HappyDays.  What thread?
People throw rocks at things that shine - Taylor Swift

Rose799

Quote from: HappyDays09 on April 21, 2011, 07:09:54 AM
my usefulness is unneeded, imo. 

How about me, Happy?  I'm big on health sites too, but the info you shared about gluten in 2 posts helped more than anything I got online.  I started to write, but didn't...that you're my "go to girl" for medical advice.  You know the story about the starfish on the beach?  You can think of me as the one you threw back, for giving me direction on how to help dd, & for that, I thank you...   I hope you'll come back from time to time~ 

holliberri

Yes, Happy...I am with Rose. Your information has been more than helpful over the last few days.

SunnyDays09

Quote from: pam1 on April 21, 2011, 07:24:42 AM

Just meant there isn't a spot here for those that have total "no-contact" and have no desire to ever contact again.  I feel I cannot really--or shouldn't give advice for the best would be to try to mend bridges, imo.  I am too quick to say "cut em off" only out of what was done to me and that is not the way it should be.  Even though sometimes it does happen, I feel like the poster woman for what not to do. 

I can't really take part in the "what should I do?  my ils are...." for  I would never wish what I had to do on anyone and I must never suggest it.  Sooo many times I almost posted, and in fact I believe I have, to just cut the meany completely out.   I sit and read and feel the anguish thru what is written and I have nothing to offer. I truly feel deep down that they should try everything  - no contact is a last resort - and try everything again. 
  It is going on 7 years and all I can feel is anger.  Tried all of the programs, the books, whoever.  The one I am reading now seems to be helping, though.  Even though she blames me, demeans me, slanders me, I know deep down how insecure she is.  The only "woop" sort of feeling I get is knowing she didn't have me as a free nanny.  And she could have.  All I requested was respect and some honesty.  I never intruded.  I never demanded.  I didn't play the games that I have read many of the mils are playing.  So I just don't fit in.

I wasn't a mom that couldn't stand to lose her son.  I practically kicked him out of the house (nicely.  after military obligations, he returned full of woes, issues and lack of respect times three.  I suggested room/board payments that were reasonable.  he left)

He has found his place, I have mine.  I would just like if she would get a bit more acquainted with the truth.  If she were to claim I flew over her house on my broom stick she would have her mother/sisters/friends claiming it true.  So be it. No free nanny service. 

As for my input on health issues - I'll lurk a bit and see if I can offer for I do love finding a more natural approach to health - being 55 years old and on no prescribed drugs makes me feel maybe I am on to something!! :)

Thanks again.  You are truly a great bunch and I wish the best for you all!!  ?  (there is a heart there, may not show)

Rose799

Quote from: HappyDays09 on April 21, 2011, 09:24:33 AM
As for my input on health issues - I'll lurk a bit and see if I can offer for I do love finding a more natural approach to health - being 55 years old and on no prescribed drugs makes me feel maybe I am on to something!! :)

Thanks, Happy!  I'm sure to have more questions along the way...

(there is a heart there, may not show)

You never fooled me...   ;D

luise.volta

I don't get it Happy. What am I missing here? Why would you leave? I don't know what you refer to on the "No contact." Everyone here is able to contact everyone via posts...and for now the Personal Messaging is operating. When a person is someone I don't want posting...they are deleted as members. What's us?
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

pam1

Quote from: HappyDays09 on April 21, 2011, 09:24:33 AM
Quote from: pam1 on April 21, 2011, 07:24:42 AM

Just meant there isn't a spot here for those that have total "no-contact" and have no desire to ever contact again.  I feel I cannot really--or shouldn't give advice for the best would be to try to mend bridges, imo.  I am too quick to say "cut em off" only out of what was done to me and that is not the way it should be.  Even though sometimes it does happen, I feel like the poster woman for what not to do. 

I can't really take part in the "what should I do?  my ils are...." for  I would never wish what I had to do on anyone and I must never suggest it.  Sooo many times I almost posted, and in fact I believe I have, to just cut the meany completely out.   I sit and read and feel the anguish thru what is written and I have nothing to offer. I truly feel deep down that they should try everything  - no contact is a last resort - and try everything again. 
  It is going on 7 years and all I can feel is anger.  Tried all of the programs, the books, whoever.  The one I am reading now seems to be helping, though.  Even though she blames me, demeans me, slanders me, I know deep down how insecure she is.  The only "woop" sort of feeling I get is knowing she didn't have me as a free nanny.  And she could have.  All I requested was respect and some honesty.  I never intruded.  I never demanded.  I didn't play the games that I have read many of the mils are playing.  So I just don't fit in.

I wasn't a mom that couldn't stand to lose her son.  I practically kicked him out of the house (nicely.  after military obligations, he returned full of woes, issues and lack of respect times three.  I suggested room/board payments that were reasonable.  he left)

He has found his place, I have mine.  I would just like if she would get a bit more acquainted with the truth.  If she were to claim I flew over her house on my broom stick she would have her mother/sisters/friends claiming it true.  So be it. No free nanny service. 

Thanks again.  You are truly a great bunch and I wish the best for you all!!  ?  (there is a heart there, may not show)

HappyDays, I think there is room for all opinions (just respectfully stated, which you don't seem to have a problem with.)  Thats what the hubbub was all about the other day, Luise clearly made her stance that WWU is open for all opinions. 

I understand if you feel that you would add more negative than good, I've been there and will probably have to occasional censor myself, step out of the forum a bit, or have Holly tell me to shut it.  (I've got medical stuff going on too)  I think your point of view is very welcome and I would hope you reconsider
People throw rocks at things that shine - Taylor Swift

Pooh

Happy...don't go.  I'll miss you.  I actually think you have tons to offer.  I agree with pam, you may advocate cut-offs more than some of us, but that doesn't make it wrong.  I think we need that side too to understand why sometimes that's all you can do.

I love your advice and wisdom and I don't ever remember you telling someone they shouldn't try and just to cut-off someone.  I think you have great insight and even though I don't have the allergy issues that you deal with, I enjoy reading your stuff on that too simply because it gives me knowledge.

I hope you stay.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

holliberri

Pooh is right. I would never say "never cut anyone off." Sometimes it is necessary, just not in my case.

And...we all benefit from the difference of opinion here. Agreeing doesn't get anyone to change a thing.

lancaster lady

Happy Days :

There are sometimes when I feel I don't fit into this forum either .....but then I'm a nosey person and can't keep away !

The reason I am back online is because I ditched all my meds ! now perhaps that's something you could help me with .
I found I couldn't function normally on the concoction of chemicals they had me on , couldn't type or spell or think .
Just shows what these prescribed drugs can do to your system . I have tried alternative therapies without success , maybe just
the wrong ones .

Pooh

LL, I've been threatening to do that for two weeks too!  But I'm hanging in there and I'm adjusting so far. 
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

holliberri

LL, I am no doctor, and it's entirely up to you, but your condition sounded pretty serious to me. Is dropping the medicine okay? Could the doctor adjust the dose?

I'll go back to minding my own business now.

lancaster lady

Nice to know you care Holl.......I think the mixture wasn't quite right and until I see a cardiologist  my doc isn't sure what meds to put me on , but without them I feel ok so far .just on painkillers for the arthritis .....typing.this in bed on my phone ....its now midnight ,and have an art exhibition tomorrow .....paint is still wet ....lol ....gnite all ..x

Pooh

Good nite LL and good luck with your art exhibition.
Joseph Campbell