March 28, 2024, 06:06:48 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

What ever happened to...?

Started by SunnyDays09, April 21, 2011, 07:09:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SunnyDays09

Thank you Hope!! <3  (the old alt 3 does not produce heart shapes any more :( )

Sheen, please pass the organic popcorn over here - I have sea salt. (sorry about your nc.  it's rough, isn't it?)

Now I want popcorn.   ::)

pam1

Quote from: HappyDays09 on April 22, 2011, 11:49:06 AM
I have replied LL, hope ya got some time to read it all.   ;)

Gonna have to check out Dr. Coleman and  I do like the idea of a "disclaimer" in the siggy !! :)   (Although me thinks you had it right with warning heehee). 

Looks I'm the grab bag lady!!  I'll stay in that category, or maybe venture into the Internet and post some informational tidbit on a health topic. 

Luise, Rose, Tara, Jill, Pooh, Lancaster lady, Sassy, Holly, pam and all Thank You so very much.  Just don't let me loose on a noob, for awhile.   :-X

Hey, I love the grab bag.  It's like the down below spot, you know that hip hang out?  hahaha
People throw rocks at things that shine - Taylor Swift

Sheen

Happy, I am in Sweden and organic is all they know  lol. 

Tara

Aren't you lucky Sheen, why is organic so common in Sweden?

Sheen

Hi Swedes are extremely health conscious and there is very little additives in almost everything. Even their turkeys look like an underfed perdue oven roaster lol.  When we do Thanksgiving for more then two, we need to get at least 3-4 turkeys. I know its a good thing but there are days when I would kill for a Butterball .  Unfortunately they are just catching on to the whole gluten-free thing which makes it extremely hard for my hub to get much variety in that area.

Barbie

HD,

I remember reading your posts when I became a member and always enjoyed reading them. Like you, sometimes I've felt like throwing in the towel but I still don't have the guts to do it. I'm glad you've decided to stay.

luise.volta

We're working on it. "It" being the issues we all find difficult. Please read my recent post under: "Personal Messaging and Etiquette" And bless your hearts for your patience and loyalty.
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

Nana

Happy Days

I am really sorry you have been feeling this way.  I also enjoy your posts and have never judged your decision of NO CONTACT.  I did have to make this same decision some years ago.  I truly believe that a time comes when we have to stop on our tracks and say Ënough"is Enough.  I also believe that sometimes we feel desperate when people tell us..you must have done this or that without even realizing it...when we know honestly and deep  that we did nothing to deserve our love ones (son, daughter, dil, mil) to disrespect us or cut us off.
On the contrary...we took it all....just for the sake of being close to our family.

I do hope you stay...

You have been very honest with us....and that makes you a good person.

My best wishes for you.

Love is not love Which alters when it alteration finds, Or bends with the remover to remove:
Shakespeare

Pooh

Umm...also HD and Sheen, I would be sitting next to you eating organic popcorn in that thread.  I haven't had contact with my OS since December.  Haven't seen him in 17 months.  You have more company than you think ladies.

We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

Sheen

Think we will need a bigger bowl of popcorn, perhaps some alcohol as well   ;D

Pooh

Well since I can't decide if it's red or white wine that goes with popcorn.....ummm.....jello shots?
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

girlygirl

HD (HappyDays) is gone.  I used the wrong email to get back and failed to find her.  So HD is now girlygirl.   Same person, different username!

First I want to apologize to Luise for any mean that I  (H/D) am responsible for in my posts and emails.
  I was wrong.  That was not my intention, she is truly someone that has helped me immensely to sort things out. 

Your kindness here, is what brought me back.  And I thank you again.  Nana, that was very kind of you to say. 

I will begin to sound like a broken record soon:  eat organic, remove gluten, make it a priority to get some relaxation in to your daily lives and watch out for toxic "stuff". (may be in the form of a chemical, a fragrance, a food, or hey!! even a person.  You never know when you might develop a sensitivity!!  8)  )

So thanks again.  And Ima gonna pass on the koolaid.   I have heard things.   ;D

Again, I am sorry Luise. 

Tara

Oh GIrly Girl,

You had me worried.  I thought you were truely 'gone'
glad your here.

lancaster lady

I am unable to drink alcohol of any kind it makes me feel awful......and  yet somedays you feel like a glass of something ,or a pint , or a bucket ......lol

Pooh

I actually drink very little.  Maybe a couple of drinks every 2 months?  I've never liked wine, beer or the taste of liquor.  When I have something, it has to be some fruity concoction that hides the taste..Lol.  I'm a lightweight.
Joseph Campbell