March 29, 2024, 03:34:05 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Does anyone know any online Grief Groups with chatrooms?

Started by cdb, April 20, 2011, 03:52:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cdb

My grieving has overtaken me harder than I could have ever imagined. I have a once a week offline group I joined, but with all kinds of losses and betrayals in my life. in such a short time. along with my poor health, I really need online support.
I pray that someone here knows of such a group. I was told about an online group and it was mostly about faith healers and sort of holistic medicinne instead of what I truly need now.cdb

lancaster lady

CDB:
In this country we have the Samaritans , do you have them ?
Someone at the end of a phone who can help you , please phone them , they are there 24/7 .

holliberri

I think LL is right. A phone call would be much better than an online support group. You would have a person on the other end of the phone talking to you.

Does your DH have an EAP line at his work? A lot of times they will take calls from family members.

Tara

Hi, I looked up online grief groups and there are a number of them but this is run by Hospice
who I feel confidence in suggesting.  They offer a broad range of grief groups in person and now some
on line and everyone I know who has gone through one of their grief groups has spoken highly of them.

http://www.hospicefoundation.org/pages/page.asp?page_id=90300

Let me know if you do this and how you feel about it..  I think an online group is an excellent idea.

cdb

Thank you all for your suggestions and support. We are using EAP for our family counseling. I am going to check out the hospice group. I do have a grief group to go to tomorrow at this church. It is once a week, but night time is what is hard for me. I even have thought of dialing some suicide hotline numbers. Just haven't yet. There is a list I got of Griever Rights. I am glad I have that. It says I have the right to cry and to talk about my loved one etc. ty again cdb

Tara

CDB,

I am so glad you are reaching out for resources and help. 
I have experienced extensive grief myself in the past and I want to
share a saying that has been true for me:  "This to shall pass"
It take some time, but utilizing resources as you are, will help
tremendously.