March 28, 2024, 06:05:01 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Changing the Easter

Started by AnonymousDIL, April 09, 2011, 11:10:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaurieS

or... say hey since you're in here mind doing up those dishes?

LaurieS

oh how about.. hey when you're through posing with the broom please put it back so I might use it later on

pam1

Hahahahaha, I've said some really stupid stuff.  like I know MIL is paranoid about DH and I moving so immediately after one of her or daughters insults towards us I will bring up how nice it is in Arizona this time of year, the housing prices etc.  Immature?  Yes.  The look on their faces makes it worth it. 

Now I just need someone to send me the book "How to Not Say Everything You Think"
People throw rocks at things that shine - Taylor Swift

AnonymousDIL

You girls are Too Much!

I did about lose it when SIL said (about Jury Duty) "You wouldn't want me in charge of your fate would you?"

I really want to ask her where I can hire a munchkin choir to sing at her funeral....... But I think it would be a little too much lol

Pooh

Quote from: AnonymousDIL on April 26, 2011, 07:43:03 AM
You girls are Too Much!

I did about lose it when SIL said (about Jury Duty) "You wouldn't want me in charge of your fate would you?"

I really want to ask her where I can hire a munchkin choir to sing at her funeral....... But I think it would be a little too much lol

My nasty Ex-MIL asked me one time, "So it must be nice to just lay in bed all day and be waited on?"  (Because I had the flu and missed one day of work in 3 years).

My answer?  "No, I really felt bad that someone had to do everything I said.  I don't know how you do it."
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

LaurieS

Quote from: AnonymousDIL on April 26, 2011, 07:43:03 AM
You girls are Too Much!

You could always inform her that you are going to be just giddy when you get to help pick her nursing home.

AnonymousDIL

Quote from: Pooh on April 26, 2011, 08:17:25 AM

My nasty Ex-MIL asked me one time, "So it must be nice to just lay in bed all day and be waited on?"  (Because I had the flu and missed one day of work in 3 years).

My answer?  "No, I really felt bad that someone had to do everything I said.  I don't know how you do it."

Too Funny!!!!

elsieshaye

Pam, is it "The Perfect Insult for Every Occasion" by A.C. Kemp?  (Saw it on Amazon, and thought it was a hoot.  "The Haverford Women's Correctional Facility Charm School for Repeat Offenders."  *snerk*)
This too shall pass.  All is well.

pam1

Elsie, that could be it.  It was hysterically funny, bright pink cover.
People throw rocks at things that shine - Taylor Swift

FAFE

Bless her heart, my MIL is so clueless (Alz) and any time we're visiting and I tell her I have to go home to cook, she looks at DH and says "why don't you take her out to eat?"  She has never wanted to come home from the assisted living facility (which my SIL and I picked out) because she's happy she doesn't have to cook or clean house!  And, yes lots of DIL's do pick out the MILs as well as FILs retirement homes.