April 17, 2024, 09:04:39 PM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Only READ 3rd Reply on my "taking care of me" post to shorten reading time.

Started by cdb, April 20, 2011, 03:45:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cdb

When I think of taking care of me, all I feel is lost and alone...how about you?
I pretty much did the first post and 2nd reply describing my history I have posted here for those that don't know me, so ONLY READ REPLY 3 to shorten your reading time and get to the subject of the post. cdb :)  And please accept the fact that I am a lengthy typer with lots of words, but it is needed for my healing.

cadagi101

dear cdb, I am thinking of you and now i am off to bed.  I hope you have ahad a restful sleep
Julia xx

luise.volta

None of us is alone. I thought I was recently when my beloved dog and only companion passed but what I was alone with was my inability to think of something else. I got stuck in a black hole of grief that was somehow connected to every other loss I have ever faced.

What helps one person doesn't necessarily help the next. Some are helped by writing here and being heard and responded to...some read an inspiring book and turn it around...some turn toward a cherished friend. Others research through churches and medical professionals to find a grief group or counselor.

What brought me out of it, almost like the snap of my fingers was listening to a Chackra Meditation CD I already had and actually forgot about. And when I start to slip, I play it again because it takes me out of the loss and aloneness and brings me back. Sending love...
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

themuffin

Hi Luise,  I'm so sorry about your furbaby.  Pet lovers truly understand just how deep the pain is when you lose your furry companion.  I'm glad that you found a coping mechanism. :'(  Sending you hugs......

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Keys Girl

Luise, I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your dog.  For so many people their pets become part of the family and losing them is a big loss.

You've helped so many people with this website, I hope that you realize how your kindness and goodness has spread a huge net around you.

Sending love to you too,

KG
"Today I will be as happy as a seagull with a french fry." Author Unknown

Kennedy

Ms. Luise, I'm sorry to read of the loss of your beloved pet. I have a solid black Pomeranian that is my warm huggy buddy! I've had him already 6 years.

Barbie

Louise,

I'm sorry about your loss and I'm glad you're feeling better. Many blessings to you.

stilltryen

Luise, count me in with the rest of the folks here sending condolences regarding your dog.  We had to put our dog down (cancer) and I still cry when I think of him - and it's been 8 years.  Still miss that sweet little beagle.