April 18, 2024, 11:10:43 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Luise

Started by themuffin, April 15, 2011, 04:51:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

themuffin

Dear Luise,

I'm sorry if I offended you or anyone on this site as it was not my intention.  I think this site is wonderful. Again, I apologize.

If at all possible could you email me? I have an inquiry about how to respond to some members who were kind enough to reach out to me via my personal email.

Thank you.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

LaurieS

hey Muff... I don't know if you received my message that I sent from my phone today.. well before the PM ability was removed... but you can contact me at mlslo2@hotmail.com

themuffin

Hi Laurie,

Thanks so much for offering your private email.  I will certainly reach out later, but I don't want to burden you now.  You already have enough on your plate.  :)

Hi BrokenHope,  Please don't feel guilty.  You had nothing to do with my issue at all.  I know my post was titled that I was angry and it does imply that I walk around with huge cloud of anger around me, however, that's not really the case.  I'm mostly a very happy person and was even mostly always pleasant while my DS and GF were here.  I was angry when I wrote about what happened with DS and I.  It was an ugly scene.  I also became angry again when DS came by again with his hostile attitude.  But I don't just spend my days angry.  I love my job, my family, gardening, cleaning, my dog, dollhouses and peace...especially peace of mind.  I suppose it's my fault for the way I titled it, but I have no desire to fight with DS or anyone.

In my last thread the word compensation kept coming up.  I so wanted to PM that person and tell them it was not compensation I was looking for but..... "APPRECIATION".  Somehow everything got all mixed up.  Perhaps I should not have said I wouldn't apologize, but I was being honest because I wasn't sorry.  I don't have a verbally abusive relationship with my DS or his GF so our problems were not based on that one incident, but somehow the entire thread became about it.  GF and I are both from NYC, I assure you she didn't need therapy because of the comment.

I have some gardening to do before it rains so I will be ending this.  I must say that although I don't understand why I was blocked from PMs, I respect any decision Luise has made.  I was a bit surprised that I was still allowed to post.  In the other forums I've been a part of it's usually the other way around.

Good day to all of you wise beautiful ladies.. :)

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Rose799

Quote from: BrokenHope on April 16, 2011, 10:19:30 AM
I would look to my ex for some sort of support and he would just step back and say" not my problem , its between you and them". Thus the reason all my children grew up with so much disrespect towards me. He on the other hand used money, emotional abuse and physical abuse to gain their respect. It certainly wasnt my way of parenting. But The proof is in the pudding because the have him on this pedestal and me no where in the picture. It baffels me thats all I can say.

I don't know if this will help anyone, but I just had an enlightening discussion with db.  I explained that odd invited us for Easter & I don't know how to pull it off, as sil's family will be there.  I don't know how to pretend ours is one big happy family.  Dd cuts me off routinely.  We haven't spent time together as a family since Christmas.  Dh has repeatedly told me to back off & then I finally did around the 1st of the year.  Now he acts surprised that I'm less enthusiastic, because I'm not jumping, as we always have when dd says jump.  My db pointed out that neither dh or ydd invest in family as I do.  He explained how those who do nothing hold the power, those that have nothing to say, those who make no decisions & then there are those, like dd who just cut you off altogether.  Unknowingly, my being the one to answer the phone, take & pass messages & get back with answers -- I became the designated bad cop!!! 

When I was helping dm in another state, dd invited dh for dinner.  Dh opted out, saying he felt he should wait for dw, making me the heavy when I had nothing whatsoever to do with it.  When dc were younger, I rarely got backup.  Dh would later say he thought I had all the bases covered.  I was the one running circles...  Now I understand why I'm darned if I do; darned if I don't!  Maybe it isn't so baffling why df's get the free pass...

Rose799

No one knows what the future holds, & the only one we change is ourselves.  I'm working on that daily...   

I truly hope things work out well between you & your dc one day, BrokenHope.  It seems to me that you're due a break~

Rose799

I'm learning from you & am glad you're here...  Sometimes when I read difficult posts, I'm reminded how fortunate my life has been.  We're all on a journey, each one of us~

BrokenHope

Thanks Rose
Yes our journeys are just that. Ours. Sometimes we hit a fork in the road, sometimes its a bump but its nice to know along the way that you have great inspiring strengths to help you continue.
:)((Hugs))

Rose799

Quote from: BrokenHope on April 16, 2011, 03:02:30 PM
Thanks Rose
Sometimes we hit a fork in the road, sometimes its a bump but its nice to know along the way that you have great inspiring strengths to help you continue.
:)((Hugs))

Absolutely...