March 28, 2024, 10:41:57 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Ladies, Please be careful

Started by seasage, April 18, 2011, 07:16:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seasage

Our forum is infected by a spam bot that originates in China.  This bot has many IP addresses, and thus it may be some time before all the activity can be blocked.

I am writing to remind you not to click on any of the URL references in the messages placed by this bot.  The name of bot seems to be stable at keai753.

luise.volta

I have notified Kirk. I am removing the posts as soon as they come up but they just keep coming. I]m getting about one a minute.
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

Tara

Did you get a virus Seasage?

How long has the forum been infected?

luise.volta

The Forum is not infected. It's not a Virus...it's a Spam Bot or Spamer. Kirk got right on this and has found the source and blocked it. It doesn't harm members but it does clutter up our Forum.

I will notify him immediately if it starts up again. He can come into my computer and take over whenever he needs to. That's why I recently go a Mac like his.

There may be more such posts but so far so good. Since the Spam source has to register to be able to post, Kirk has tightened up the security on registering and posting. Please continue to hit Notify Moderator just in case I miss one or they come in when I go to bed.

We made it though almost two years without getting hit. Sorry this has happened. Sending love...

BrokenHope

I am not a computer geek and no very little about this.
What am I looking for?
Thanks

Tara

luise.volta

A lengthy post that makes little or no sense from a User Name you are not familiar with.

BrokenHope

ok. I hope I dont come across one because I dont know everyone in here yet. But I am sure Kirk is on top of things. Thanks Luise

LaurieS

Like your picture bh...

It's wise to never follow links here or through your home email if you are not familiar with the sender.  Life is full of potholes and then there is the internet :) 

BrokenHope

Thanks Laurie
I loved the easter hat. I always said one day I was going to be a red hat lady too. I Love those woman!!! Right now I can only be a purple hat lady :-\ ;D

I dont ever click on anything that I dont know what it is.. I learned my lesson when I first started using a computer...lol

SunnyDays09

Bots are bbbaaad. 

I love hats, too.  But I just can't carry them off at all.  I have a straw hat for gardening that I wear but feel like a dork. 

Tara

I got a notification from I tunes, that I bought something on my acct  which I didn't.  After talking with them, it seems someone
hacked into my email acct.  I wonder if I clicked on one of those hacker links.  I need to send my tech support person
an email and get his advice.  If anyone else has advice let me know.  I changed the password on my emails and my
itunes this morning.

luise.volta

I was a little hesitant to power up this morning after receiving one of those crazy postings every minute before I called Kirk last night...but he has once again done his magic for us and all is well. Sending love...

SunnyDays09

Tara--I received a bill from Itunes once as well and found it was kitchen help that helped themselves to my bank card the waitress put down on a counter before swiping.

Never, ever let your cards out of your site to pay a bill.  Learned that the hard way. 

Tara

HD,

By kitchen help, do you mean in the restaurant?  Yikes.