March 28, 2024, 06:08:08 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

My Easter surprise

Started by FAFE, April 24, 2011, 10:32:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FAFE

When DH went out to get the morning papers he noticed a card on the table on the front porch.  He brought it in and we both assumed it was a thank you card from the kids next door that I had made Easter baskets for.  So, I opened it and it was a card that said, Happy Easter, Love N.  N is my middle child who lives in MO.  I asked my husband then if there was something else with the card - he said no, so I looked myself.  On the same table with the card was a beautiful peace plant.  Not from a florist, so I assumed it was from the Easter Bunny.

So, I called N and asked him where he was.  In MO, so how did the note and flower get here?  He said an old girlfriend was home to see her parents and had gotten the plant and card and sneaked it on the porch! 

He generally sends me flowers for Mother's Day, but I think he remembered that we would be on our cruise then.  Anyway, I do believe in the Easter Bunny after all. 

holliberri

FAFE, that is so sweet! Very creative. I must say, that was a pretty nice thing for his old girlfriend to do too! That means he must be quite a guy!

LaurieS

How special FAFE... I received an Easter Card from my son/dil with a ultrasound photo of their baby.. it was signed  Love XXX, XXX, and undetermined

FAFE

Holly, he is pretty sweet.  Laurie, what a GREAT Easter present.  Looks like the Easter Bunny has been working really hard.  We will probably get a call from OS, DIL and GS later tonight, and the GD will be here for dinner.  Got her Easter Wagon all ready to go. 

In-laws have come and gone.  Bless their hearts they have almost no memory of them living next door to us, nor them giving us the land to build our house, etc.  But we try to make the holidays a little special for them.

LaurieS

Your Easter wagon.. that just kills me.

FAFE

Laurie, kills you good or bad?  It is much smaller than I remember (been 8 years since the last one got passed out), I was hoping I could plop her in it and take a picture.  But, I'm afraid she could not get one leg in it!  I do have a much bigger one in our barn that I may have to get out and ride her around in.  Yah, I'm gonna get DH to get it right now. 

LaurieS

in a good way FAFE.. I can see this wagon full of Easter surprises.. I was such a fudy dudy this year... didn't not even color eggs, but then I realized that a big part of what makes the day special is that I don't have to color eggs.. while it was a fun event in our household it was also very trying.. my boys could do theirs in a matter of minutes who cares if the color sticks.. while an hour after beginning my dd is saying.. ahh perfect that is the first egg only 11 more to go.

I figure it will roll around again once there are grandkids.. but I'll let them do the egg coloring at their own homes :)

luise.volta

Lets hear it for the Easter bunny! Hip - hip - hooray! Sending love...
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

pam1

People throw rocks at things that shine - Taylor Swift

holliberri

I just got blasted by DH b/c we didn't get DD a basket. I guess his mom wanted a photo with a basket and when we couldn't send her one (although we could send her a photo of DD), flipped.

(((Sigh)))

I had every intention of getting her a toy yesterday for the big day, but she had a fever and I felt like we should all be home together. I guess I didn't plan accordingly.

I have earmarked the wagon idea for when she is 2 or 3. I'll need one to pull her around by then anyway!

FAFE

Little Miss Priss just left.  She was in a great mood.  She liked the stuff in her Easter Wagon - a bunny, a teething thingy, some bubbles (we did not do), an outfit and I don't remember what else - oh some rubber ducks for her bath!  She also got a ride in the big wagon and loved it.  One of my sister's came down and baby fill in love with her.  So we all had a great time.  I gave my DD & SIL a chocolate bunny each!   Baby is using her feet to pick all kinds of things up - we were surprised at that.  She had both her hands and feet full of toys! 

holliberri

Her feet!? Awe...

I'm glad her special day was wonderful!

FAFE

Thanks Holly.  She had a busy day - church and lunch with other grandparents until around 2 pm.  Then to our house, but she was a trooper.  She was real good and since it's been 8 years since we've had a baby in the house, she can do no wrong!!!