March 28, 2024, 06:30:26 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

essential oils.....

Started by cadagi101, April 18, 2011, 03:04:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cadagi101

Good morning lovely ladies,

I am considering starting a small home run business of fragrant soaps, bathbombs, reed diffusers etc.
I would welcome any advice from you, anything at all. 
I also need a name
If you are able to suggest a name I decide to go with, providing you want me to send to you, I will send you a selection of my goods.

thankyou very much

cadagi101

Oh and I am  in outback north/ western NSW Australia.

FAFE

I will have to put on my thinking cap and see what I can come up with.

Will tell you a funny story about my DH and his soap makings.  One of his hobbies is making soap.  He's done a lot of experimenting and we give his soap to friends/family, etc.  I was having a gathering of my friends once and made up little bags of his soap and gave them all a bag.  A few days later, one friend of mine called and said "Tell Mr. J that I don't stink no mo."  So, that is our funny name for his soap making enterprise - Mr. J's Stink No Mo Soap.

I know you want something much more exotic than that though!

pam1

That is so exciting!  Are you planning on doing a website?  I'm going to have to think on some names too, all that comes immediately to mind are corny Aussie jokes lol.
People throw rocks at things that shine - Taylor Swift

LaurieS

That is exciting... oh Julia make it a contest .. she who comes up with the best name gets a free bath bomb

Tara

Hi Julie,

Do you have a wholesale source for supplies?  I use a good company that has quality  essential oils, etc.

cadagi101

Thankyou ladies,

yep Laurie a bathbomb for the best name and potpourrie, bathbomb, soaps and reed diffuser oil if it's the name i use!!

Now don't laugh but I am thinking of doing soaps on a rope...remember them???  I haven't seen them for years....I was also going to do an oatmeal scrub soap for gardeners that can hang outside on a tap....

Does anyone have them and hang them in the shower??    I hate gooie soaps in the soap dish.

Pam maybe way..down the track I will sell on ebay though.

Fafe that is funny dh might have a few tips then??

I look forward to hearing your suggestions

Tara i don't as yet I am just looking into a few US based companies. 

What is the one you use??

Do you make your own products??

LaurieS

Quote from: Julia on April 18, 2011, 08:49:32 PM
Thankyou ladies,

yep Laurie a bathbomb for the best name and potpourrie, bathbomb, soaps and reed diffuser oil if it's the name i use!!

Now don't laugh but I am thinking of doing soaps on a rope...remember them???  I haven't seen them for years....I was also going to do an oatmeal scrub soap for gardeners that can hang outside on a tap....

Does anyone have them and hang them in the shower??    I hate gooie soaps in the soap dish.

Soap on a rope is a huge joke in the men's bathing areas.. but we won't go there.

Are you looking for something that indicates your location?

cadagi101

Quote from: Laurie on April 18, 2011, 09:25:53 PM
Quote from: Julia on April 18, 2011, 08:49:32 PM
Thankyou ladies,

Soap on a rope is a huge joke in the men's bathing areas.. but we won't go there.

Are you looking for something that indicates your location?

yes i've heard those jokes to...
yes I think encompassing the outback, yet luxurious......All in 2-3 words hmm a bit difficult.   It doesn't really have to though.

LaurieS

ok since you've heard the jokes.. how about Be-wear soap-on-a-rope for men.. you know instead of beware... ok.. bad one

cadagi101

Quote from: Laurie on April 18, 2011, 10:03:11 PM
ok since you've heard the jokes.. how about Be-wear soap-on-a-rope for men.. you know instead of beware... ok.. bad one

yeah it was pretty bad but good try.....

I have just been in the garden gathering ingredients for my potpourri
Rosemary, lavender, pine nuts, cadagi seeds, seed pods of all kinds , cones, gorgeous white bark, roses, bottlebrush, Grevillia.  It is amazing what lovely seeds pods are on the eucalyptus.    I did enjoy it.     My 2 girls 14 and 18 have just left in dd car to see friends in town.    58k's on a very quiet stretch of road and they won't be home until 11.00 tonight.....dd hit a kangaroo on her maiden voyage a few months ago,,,now I will worry until they get home!!   

pam1

Do you have any kind of icon or branding image you're going to use?  Color?  It will give me a little more of an idea to narrow it down.

i really want a bathbomb
People throw rocks at things that shine - Taylor Swift

LaurieS

I don't even have a bathtub and I want a bathbomb :)

Pooh

We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

Pooh

We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell