March 28, 2024, 05:47:04 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

I'm Back

Started by luise.volta, April 18, 2011, 01:05:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jill

So good to have you back Luise, and you have a wonderful son who was there to support you through the last few days..................Jill

Kennedy

Quote from: Forum Moderator on April 18, 2011, 02:58:46 PM
Well said, Mom. I don't imagine many women (or men) in their mid eighties are moderating busy forums. I'm proud of you.

And I'm proud of the majority of the WWU members who are creating such a safe space for personal growth and healing.

Regarding in-laws, I find it so heartbreaking when families break apart from "being right," miscommunication, and strife, and so heartwarming when they have the courage to learn, grow, and reunite.
Hi Luise and Kirk, I'm a fairly new member and I haven't posted much yet.  I'm not very out spoken.
From a new comers point of view, This forum is a heaven sent. So thank you to you both for all your hard work!
It  has already helped me to see differently than I used to on some things.
I believe as Women we can hold each other up in Prayer and Friendship even if we don't agree on a subject.

There is some Amazing women here!!
With all that I am, I really believe we all want our families together,happy and healthy. That is why in my opinion forum like this are here.
I pray for Gods love and happiness for us all!

Tara

Luise,

I'm glad you are back and appreciate the stance you are taking about the forum, it just makes so much sense.
And maybe also, the kind of communication you are requiring even when there is disagreement will be a model for
us in our families who don't always agree either.

Kirk,  Thanks for all you have done and your kindness and compassion.

Kennedy, I was touched by what you said:  "I believe as Women we can hold each other up in Prayer and Friendship even if we don't agree on a subject."

courtney

Yes, well said Luise! Welcome back!  :)  ...and

Yes! Well said Kirk! Where would we be without you, and the love and care you have for your Mom!??

Thank you both so much for everything, and now, for pulling us all thru this with dignity,
... and resolve that the foundation of this site IS sound, and does change lives.

The comments and advice to my own situation, and so many other stories & feedback I read, gave me an insight I couldn't have gotten in Years on my own!
Yes, I did the legwork, but with courage knowing I could come back here for encouragement. Because I am not alone in my grief anymore.
I do not feel ashamed anymore, or guilty anymore.
I know I did my best for her.
I don't cry every day anymore.
I don't look for logic anymore either, about the 'why' of it.
I try to remember there are others besides me, who need me to be ok.

This site absolutely changed my outlook on so many different subjects, & my perception of other people's actions, that they weren't necessarily 'against me',  just living their own lives!

I have recommended this site many times now...because it works!
Thank you again, Luise & Kirk...and all you wonderful ladies who share here!!!
Thank you for a life that is so much better than before I found you.
-Courtney

cadagi101

Quote from: courtney on April 19, 2011, 12:05:40 AM
Yes, well said Luise! Welcome back!  :)  ...and

Yes! Well said Kirk! Where would we be without you, and the love and care you have for your Mom!??

Thank you both so much for everything, and now, for pulling us all thru this with dignity,
... and resolve that the foundation of this site IS sound, and does change lives.

The comments and advice to my own situation, and so many other stories & feedback I read, gave me an insight I couldn't have gotten in Years on my own!
Yes, I did the legwork, but with courage knowing I could come back here for encouragement. Because I am not alone in my grief anymore.

I do not feel ashamed anymore, or guilty anymore.
I know I did my best for her.
I don't cry every day anymore.
I don't look for logic anymore either, about the 'why' of it.
I try to remember there are others besides me, who need me to be ok.

This site absolutely changed my outlook on so many different subjects, & my perception of other people's actions, that they weren't necessarily 'against me',  just living their own lives!

I have recommended this site many times now...because it works!
Thank you again, Luise & Kirk...and all you wonderful ladies who share here!!!
Thank you for a life that is so much better than before I found you.
-Courtney

Courtney you said it all, very nicely put.

courtney

Thanks Julia. I'm sure you are one of those wonderful ladies!  :)