March 28, 2024, 06:46:27 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Have we been cut off? Why?

Started by AnonymousDIL, March 29, 2011, 06:36:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaurieS

Quote from: elsieshaye on March 31, 2011, 01:54:24 PM
Quote from: pam1 on March 29, 2011, 12:42:39 PMAnd it doesn't help that my parents mated a lot so there's a ton of us

OMG - hahahaha, tea outta my nose!!

Thanks for pulling that out as a quote Elsieshaye.. It would have been disappointing to have missed that line from Pam

luise.volta

Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

LaurieS

yes but in such a politically correct way :)

AnonymousDIL

Ugh! I've had it with my brother and his wife!

Soooo, back at the beginning of March we set up a game night for next Saturday. Oh, they can't come because SIL's brother b-day is that day and OMG they can't celebrate on Sunday or anything.

Ok, her family comes first. I get it.

So, our mom arranged for us all to get togehter and have a frisbee golf tournament this Saturday. Oh, yes, DB and wifey will be there. Or soooo they tell our mother!

I start getting text messages. "We are having a game night at our house Saturday at 6:00." REALLY, Little Miss Bleep! I thought you guys were coming to the frisbee golf. (I said it so much nicer lol) "Oh, that will be over by then." It's at 1:30 with a picnic afterwards for Step-sister. "But XXX (a mutual friend) is coming up." (THEY INVITED HER after making plans with our mom! Yes, I've talked with XXX, They cut her off for a while, guess now they are going to get along again) They also invited XXX's EX-BF. Why would you invite someone and their EX-BF to dinner?

Either way I see where we rank

1 SIL's Family
2 SIL's Friends
3 Random Drunk Dude on Street
1,437,619th. DB's Family.

Sure is nice isn't it?

luise.volta

Their bad not yours! And there are no "whys," of course. Sending love...
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama