March 28, 2024, 01:57:35 PM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

I've been had

Started by pam1, April 18, 2011, 06:41:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pam1

DD said this morning that she really doesn't feel well, she is so sleepy, her back and neck hurts.  She cried quietly in the shower and moaned and groaned while getting dressed.  I took her temperature and she was fine, but she just looked so pathetic.  I thought maybe it's the start of a sickness, it's been going around.  So I let her stay home.

What is she doing now?  Laughing, chasing the dogs, talking up a storm. **shaking my head**
People throw rocks at things that shine - Taylor Swift

AnonymousDIL

Is your last name Bueller??? LOL It's a mental health day. :-)

pam1

Quote from: AnonymousDIL on April 18, 2011, 06:46:56 AM
Is your last name Bueller??? LOL It's a mental health day. :-)

For who?  LOL, it's not a mental health day for me.  The child is running around in circles in the living room right now. 

SunnyDays09

Just finished coffeee, breakfast dishes (from dogs!!) and all that and saw this. 

Could it be gluten?  Has your dd been checked for any food allergies?  I ask because this gluten thing was found out to be happening in my family a couple years ago and the more I research its effects the more I wonder why it is legal.

My dd has a sensitivity to gluten.  When she eats regular bread, cookies, crackers, etc., she becomes ill.  Sometimes right away, sometimes the next day.  Various symptoms.  Maybe an upset stomach, maybe extreme lack of energy, red in face, little red bumps on arms, or chest:  To BE GONE WITHIN HOURS!!  I was puzzled too.  But it seems to be in the digestive system. 

For years I thought this was a way for her to get out of things.  One moment she is feeling ill, looking bad - later?  Fine! 
  Maybe something.  Maybe not. 

pam1

HappyDays, she's been checked before and nothing came up.  She does have ADHD and I think gluten does have something to do with it.  Her doctors don't seem worried, but maybe it's something to look into on my own.  Thanks for the info!

I do think today though that she was just yanking my chain. 

Tara

Do you work from home Pam?

Or do you have to take a day off to stay home with her?

Does sound like a mental health day   8)

AnonymousDIL

My hubby was diagnosed with Celiac's... BUT for him it "comes and goes." We believe it was a misdiagnoses of Celiac Mimicking Lyme's Disease. Do you live in an area where Lyme is prevalent like the North Eastern US?

It is VERY common here in PA. I have it, DH, Brother, and 3 of our dogs! lol... It can be spread by all types of ticks and several other insects and spiders. Less than 30% have the bullseye rash. I didn't, DH didn't, but Brother did....

pam1

Tara, I work from home.  Sometimes I have to travel but I've got it pretty good other than that.  I'm going to need a mental health day tomorrow, she's driving me nuts lol.  Still running....in a circle.

ADIL, yes we do have lyme disease here, maybe I should take her in just in case.  Either way, if she was tricking me it'll teach her she will go to the doctors anyway, which she hates. 

LaurieS

oh yeah Pam you've been had :)  Enjoy, they aren't little for long... but I would insist on a nap for all sick children need them :)  lol and maybe a rectal temp.... that would have stopped my kids from being "sick"

SunnyDays09

Quote from: AnonymousDIL on April 18, 2011, 08:10:30 AM
My hubby was diagnosed with Celiac's... BUT for him it "comes and goes." We believe it was a misdiagnoses of Celiac Mimicking Lyme's Disease. Do you live in an area where Lyme is prevalent like the North Eastern US?

It is VERY common here in PA. I have it, DH, Brother, and 3 of our dogs! lol... It can be spread by all types of ticks and several other insects and spiders. Less than 30% have the bullseye rash. I didn't, DH didn't, but Brother did....

I have been reading soo much on this subject.  From what I understand, the gluten cannot really be digested by any human.  Those that are more sensitive have their small intestines damaged.  Even though they have no symptoms, they still have damage going on until malabsorption of nutrients/vitamins begin-which starts a cascade of other diseases and symptoms.  Anemia.  Etc.

I read a  65-year-old man living in Delhi had been complaining of excessive fatigue. He had lost his appetite and was tiring easily. He went to a few doctors who weren't able to detect the problem; the family then took him to a city-based nutritionist who had been working in the area of gluten intolerance. A few medical investigations later, he was diagnosed with an advanced stage of adenocarcinoma, a type of glandular cancer in his stomach and upper duodenum which had spread, and given six months to live.  YIKES!!!

The being tired is the first weird symptom.  Then little sores/bumps in the mouth, on the skin.  It is really bad. 

luise.volta

Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

SunnyDays09

Quote from: pam1 on April 18, 2011, 06:41:23 AM
DD said this morning that she really doesn't feel well, she is so sleepy, her back and neck hurts.  She cried quietly in the shower and moaned and groaned while getting dressed.  I took her temperature and she was fine, but she just looked so pathetic.  I thought maybe it's the start of a sickness, it's been going around.  So I let her stay home.

What is she doing now?  Laughing, chasing the dogs, talking up a storm. **shaking my head**

Its a toss up - I don't know how many times I insisted they go anyway to be called at home to come pick up a vomiting kid running a temp.  Then the "you mean she was feeling bad this morning and you made her come to school anyway" sort of guilt stuff. 

Spring fever maybe???

pam1

Oh, I know Happy Days.  I actually did that last year when I thought she was pulling my leg and turned out to be strep throat.  She'll probably end up in therapy at some point.. (JUST KIDDING!)

Luise, you're too kind.  As we were driving back from the doctors office (nothing wrong) and I asked her about fibbing and did she fib this morning about being sick?  She didn't even look up from her book while she said "Don't fight the love."  Now what in the heck does that mean?  I am pretty sure it comes from Sponge Bob.  Oh, well she wanted private time alone with me. 

So we spoke about not lying and how I would have probably let her stay home if she just explained this up front. 

Tara

I agree with Luise, clever little kid.  and also delightful   "Don't fight the love"

Kennedy

When my children were small and needed to stay home from school. They weren't allowed out of bed all day! They could watch TV in their room, but other than a shower and to PP they couldn't get up. LOL
And with healthy children that makes them so sorry they stayed home. And if they're sick? Well they needed the juice and to stay in bed.
All in all though with 4 children I can count on one hand how often they missed school.
Have fun today Mommy and take something for your head. LOL