March 28, 2024, 05:40:55 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Luise how are you today

Started by cadagi101, April 13, 2011, 04:10:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrokenHope

I know I am a newbie here and just getting To know everyone.  I somewhat feel a little responsible for ppl leaving and the animosity the arose over the last week. I believe it was my first post that contributed to some of this.
I am SO sorry for any harsh feelings or disagreements. It wasn't my intent to come here to be resistant  to anyone who was trying to reach out to me. I welcome any advice or encouragement weather it was hard to hear or not what I wanted to hear. God knows I still have some work to do to heal and become the best person I know how to be.

Luise: I felt so welcomed by you and feel you have touched the lives of many. I only hope that one day I can have the relationship that others have with you. You have suffered a great loss and that is near and dear to my heart. I have a golden retriever that has been my best friend for 13 yrs. Her health is failing and no matter how hard we try to prepare for their loss, we still take it hard. Animals are the embodiment of perfect love, understanding, trust, empathy and joy. Its the unconditional love that brings us happiness when we are down. Pets fill the hole in our hearts we never even knew existed. We only know it's there when we don't have our pets. Anyone who thinks awww it is only a dog has not been  blessed with the amazing love of a family member a best friend and a truly amazing bond.  You are in my thoughts and prayers . ((Hugs)) BrokenHope

Rose799

I literally "stumbled upon" this page the other day.  I didn't know if it was wise to post it.  It seemed a coincidence that you used a similar phrase, BrokenHope... 

"Just a Dog" --  http://dalesdesigns.net/justadog.htm

LaurieS

Thanks Rose for sharing that.... dogs really are precious gifts aren't they. 

Hey BH.. don't feel badly for a moment, nothing had nothing to do with you.. you're good to go in my book:)

pam1

Luise, I am so sorry for your loss.  Animals truly are family and friends.  I will be thinking of you guys.

BH, I too hope you don't feel badly.  I'm sorry for starting your thread out on the wrong foot, I've got some of my own personal stuff going on and honestly, it had nothing to do with you.  I should have remembered that we all have bad days and most find here on their worst days.   

I think whatever happened behind the scenes (I'm not even pretending to know here, just surmising) had nothing to do with you either. 
People throw rocks at things that shine - Taylor Swift

BrokenHope

Pam
I only have two words for you
Thank you
:D

BrokenHope

I havent seen alot of conflict in the posts that I read here. WOW there is alot of different topics here and I havent even gotten through all of them. Each day or time I come on I try to read as much as I can. I really didnt seen much conflict, I have observed disagreements and differences of a oppinion And One member feeling more strongly about the subject then the other. For the most part though , its all been support and love.  Is that not what makes us individuals? I think we all agree that we can agree to disagree at times and still respect our own values and morals.
To speak your mind takes courage, to hold your tongue takes a different kind of courage, wisdom is knowing when to do either, strength is seeing it through. We may not have chosen our road or where it leads. We can only hope for good company on our journey.

Quote from: Laurie on April 16, 2011, 09:44:00 PM
Thanks Rose for sharing that.... dogs really are precious gifts aren't they. 

Hey BH.. don't feel badly for a moment, nothing had nothing to do with you.. you're good to go in my book:)
Hey Laurie
Do You mind me asking what page I am on in your book? I would kinda hate to be at the back cause if you slammed it shut and threw it on the table, It might hurt a litte...lol Just kidding
You have a special mention in my book too Darlin.  ;D

Rose
That was so wonderful, Thanks for sharing that.

LaurieS

Quote from: BrokenHope on April 17, 2011, 10:04:34 AM

To speak your mind takes courage, to hold your tongue takes a different kind of courage, wisdom is knowing when to do either, strength is seeing it through. We may not have chosen our road or where it leads. We can only hope for good company on our journey.
It's like I've always told my kids.. for every action there is a reaction and a consequence.  Sometimes you have to throw your cards on the table and see how they fall.

We had a cute topic up a while back.. going by memory alone I think it was started by Scoop.. asking about everyone's pets... they are special creatures.. look for the older topic you will see everyone's special loves.