March 28, 2024, 07:19:46 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Personal Messages

Started by jill, April 15, 2011, 07:46:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaurieS

hey another quick question Kirk.. does the 'report to moderator' button at the bottom of postings.. does that go directly to you?

Forum Moderator

@Laurie - Interesting idea to create multiple account. Hmmm... I think it would be more efficient to create "throw away" email addresses at Yahoo, Gmail, etc. That's what I do. If an account starts getting too much spam I just delete it and create a new one.

We still have moderator reports turned on, but may turn them off. They come to me and I send them on to my mom (since my focus is usually the technical aspects of moderating the forum, not the content/member issues; the current situation is an exception, since I felt it was time to intervene).

LaurieS

I'm following that Kirk but if you create a throw away account can you change it here on this site, or are you killing off your identity here and having to start all over again?

Forum Moderator

@Laurie - Prior to deleting your temporary (throw away) email account, you would create a new temporary email account replacement and change the email address here at WWU (and wherever else you used it).

elsieshaye

Kirk,  if the "report to moderator" feature goes away, how do we let you or Louise know about spam or similar issues?
This too shall pass.  All is well.

Forum Moderator

@Laurie - To clarify regarding your follow up question, WWU accounts are based on your username. You can change the associated email address whenever you like, and also chose whether other WWU members can email you or not.

@elsieshaye - And there's the problem with removing it. At present, Luise has decided to keep it turned on. She's also working on a (top secret) ;-) plan regarding moderation, but mum's the word (on my end) until she decides to roll it out.

seasage

I hope her (top secret) ;-) plan includes using some of the long-term members of her stable.  It would be a good thing to take some of the load off her shoulders.