March 28, 2024, 02:54:33 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Luise I must be a bit vague

Started by cadagi101, April 15, 2011, 04:37:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pam1

Yeah, I know they can be mean but if I get one of those little trained ones....Just watch my Monkey Baby, you can feed them candy and dress em up.  There was one lady who's 6 kids aren't speaking to her anymore so she went out and got a monkey. 
People throw rocks at things that shine - Taylor Swift

cadagi101

Quote from: pam1 on April 18, 2011, 06:42:09 AM
Julia, have you seen a baby kangaroo?  i thought it was so interesting that they stay in the sack for a long time and they were SO tiny.  I wanted one lol

Yes I have seen quite a few.  The last one I picked up was about 10 inches long.     My daughter was on her motorbike and in her wisdom!!! chased a few roos up the paddock.    The mother threw it out of the pouch into the long grass.  They then come back later to get it when the threat is over.     Because it was just on dark I was worried a fox would get it before she got back,    it was very cold so I wrapped it in my jumper,   I went home for an hour and then went back,  it was freezing and they make a little cheep cheep and he stumbled after me.    I brought him home and didn't have any formula so rang the wildlife group and we were to far out to send anyone out to get it....so the only very slim chance it had was it's mother might come back so I took it back again.    Now kangaroos are a huge very destructive problem here so let's just say I didn't tell my husband of the plight of this roo.     There isn' a happy ending I'm afraid...

LaurieS

how are they destructive.. as in eating crops... they don't attack people unprovoked do they?

cadagi101

Quote from: Laurie on April 18, 2011, 09:23:10 PM
how are they destructive.. as in eating crops... they don't attack people unprovoked do they?

Yes eating the crops in their hundreds at times.  No they don't attack unprovoked,  if a dog chases a roo I've been told the roo goes in the dam and when the dog follows the roo then drowns it.   (that's pretty clever) My neigbour had to shoot the roo in the dam  to save her dog...

LaurieS

I didn't know they swim.. wouldn't their pouch fill up with water and hold them under?

cadagi101

Quote from: Laurie on April 18, 2011, 10:04:48 PM
I didn't know they swim.. wouldn't their pouch fill up with water and hold them under?

;D ;D ;D

LaurieS

there are all kinds of you tube videos of kangaroos and yeah  some are swimming.. with the exception of the one with boxing gloves  on they all seem pretty docile.  and yeah they do swim... pretty cool

pam1

Quote from: Laurie on April 18, 2011, 10:04:48 PM

And you tease me about my knowledge of physics lol

LaurieS

I just shook my head when I read where you say that planes really don't want to come down..... hey think about it.. it's not like those kangaroos have a draw string to forcibly close the pouch

pam1

They don't!  It's much harder to land a plane than take off.  They are built for the air

holliberri

Pam is right.

My nerves just don't like believing logic sometimes.  :P

LaurieS

Quote from: pam1 on April 19, 2011, 07:11:14 AM
They don't!  It's much harder to land a plane than take off.  They are built for the air
Yes but left on their own.. they will choose to come down...but now we have gravity in the mix :)

holliberri

Yeah, but even with engine failure or computer failure, most planes can coast safely to a landing, especially with a good pilot on hand (Scully, anyone?). It's just harder for them to do that during landing and takeoff.

LaurieS

yeah Scully was an exception in my mind.. I think he pulled off what most season pilots would have had a hard time doing.....  very impressive.. he'll always be a hero

cadagi101

link=topic=1582.msg36926#msg36926 date=1303221939]
I just shook my head when I read where you say that planes really don't want to come down..... hey think about it.. it's not like those kangaroos have a draw string to forcibly close the pouch
[/quote]

Laurie and Pam and Holly,  I must have missed some posts whhhattt, physics, computers,  planes and kangaroo pouches hmmm...are you feeling OK today??