March 28, 2024, 01:34:45 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Luise Volta!!!!!!

Started by Pooh, April 15, 2011, 01:36:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pooh

Now, here I am, just reading away and keeping to myself so I wouldn't say anything bad because of the meds...and you have done caused me to post! 

1.  Shut down WWU???  Oh let's see if I can answer that question.  NOOOOOO!  Just because this seems to be a rough week for many, you want to close it down?  I know you better than that.  You believe the same way I do.  If you help or save one person....it is worth it all.  Do you not honestly realize how many people you have helped with this forum?  Do I need to tell you?  Ok, I will.  Many, many, many, many, many, many plus 1. 

2.  You have not failed in the slightest.  No one is failing...we're just staggering around a bit right now.  I know my reason and I took responsibility for it.  LL is facing the same med problem.  Pam thought we were both mad at her, and hopefully she will come back and read that we were not.  I've never known her to back down from a fight.  HB...I'm not sure why HB is taking a break...but I'm sure she has her reasons.  Ok, that's all about us....not about this place or your abilities.

3.  You are having your own rough week.  Between the loss of your beloved Me, Too and some controversy here....you are not up to par.  Normally you would have just told everyone, "Phooey on you...come back after you buy a better attitude."  Cause that's the Luise we all know and love!

So you just go on and do what you need to do....but if I can wait out the meds making me feel like Jekyll one minute and Hyde the next...psssshhhh....you can wait out the storm and sail your boat to the top of the wave again along with us!

Hmmmmppppffff.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

lancaster lady

So you just go on and do what you need to do....but if I can wait out the meds making me feel like Jekyll one minute and Hyde the next...psssshhhh....you can wait out the storm and sail your boat to the top of the wave again along with us!

Hmmmmppppffff.
[/quote]

DITTO.....DITTO .....DITTO ......DITTO ....DITTO .......DITTO ......DITTO .......DITTO ........... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Rose799

Luise Volta!!!!!! 

I think she means it, Luise...  I wouldn't be messing with Pooh while she's still on that medication~  : )

Pooh

We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

Nana

Pooh...are you taking your medication along with wine?  (Just kidding)
Can I try it...?  It sounds fun!

Love
Love is not love Which alters when it alteration finds, Or bends with the remover to remove:
Shakespeare

Pooh

Heck no...that's part of my problem....I can't have any alcohol with this stuff!  Might be in a better mood if I could.

I heard a good saying today that made me think of all of us....

"Trying to figure out why some people are how they are, is like a cat trying to bury a turd under concrete. Senseless."
Joseph Campbell

AnonymousDIL

Quote from: Pooh on April 15, 2011, 01:54:34 PM
"Trying to figure out why some people are how they are, is like a cat trying to bury a turd under concrete. Senseless."

I am sooooo stealing this quote! lol

Pooh

Ok, it is time for me to go...and I will not get a chance to get on until probably Sunday....so...

I figure Luise will either come back by them and reprimand me for yelling at her (!!!!) or for using the word "turd"....I'm still blaming the meds!

I LOVE YOU LUISEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!
Joseph Campbell

pam1

Luise, I think I may need to clarify why I am taking a break, it really has nothing to do with anyone.  In fact, it is quite similar to what Pooh posted, I'm going through some medical issues (infertility related stuff) and had surgery last week, on some heavy duty meds and really, just not quite myself.  I found that not only was it like what Pooh described where she was thinking things about posts and knew that she needed to break but I was thinking things and just posting them lol.  Right now, it's just not a good time, it's not anyone or anything in particular, it's more that I didn't like the way I behaved or might likely, continue to behave.  I have very little patience right now and I wouldn't feel good posting while on meds. 

I think like many posters pointed out, there is nothing wrong with you or your type of moderating.  It's an honor and integrity issue.  Another way to look at a few members taking a break is that they are being honest with the board and respecting you and the other posters. 

People throw rocks at things that shine - Taylor Swift

holliberri

Okay, I'm posting here and then I'm backing off for reals.

I am sorry that I put your names in my post, Pooh and Pam (and LL). I read what I wrote and it was not meant to be written that way. I really only wrote that so I could highlight that with you all not being here the site is missing something. There were just too many changes too fast. I did not mean to imply that you all left for a specific reason or another.

Tara

Hello Women,

I'm glad everyone is clarifying why they are not posting right now, I was beginning to think it was in solidarity with
Pooh, then I started thinking I should take a time out too.  I had alot going on last week and missed all the "conflict"
You are my dear sisters and look forward to us being back on together....and wishing you all improvements in  your health
issues soon.  Last year I had my thryoid meds changed and my NP didn't tell me that I could have a reaction, It created
alot of uncomfortable feelings for some time, so I do now have first hand experience with medications effects  being destabilizing
sometimes  .  Also Pam, I understand the pain of dealing with infertility.

Luise, You are doing a great job here, don't be hard on yourself, be kind right now especially

all the best

pam1

It's ok, Holli.  I understood where you were coming from.  I just wanted to let Luise know my thoughts. 

Luise, what I said to you in my pm the other day, I meant.  This site saved my marriage.  There is something special about here that you can't really find anywhere else.  All the other in law sites I found, well lets just say my marriage might have been over if I chose to invest my time and energy posting there.  I learned something from here.  I learned something the other day when I realized I wasn't posting with integrity, to be honest.

And ladies, if you all remember my posts about my infertility struggles a few months ago and how I would never speak to my MIL again....well, I did start speaking with her again.  I will have you all know I went to a movie with her (just us two!) yesterday, had lunch and actually had a heartfelt conversation about our relationship.  Who would have thunk that?  Maybe one day I'll let her in the waiting room while I'm birthing (lol, for all those who participated in the waiting room debate.)

Without this board, yesterday would have never happened.  Even if our relationship is never good, it was good yesterday.  And I have WWU to thank for that. 
People throw rocks at things that shine - Taylor Swift

Rose799

Awe Pam, that's great to hear...  I'll bet you made your MIL's day yesterday.  You just made mine, & I don't even have a dil...  : ) 

Nana

So Happy for you Pam.  It is a good start with you mil.  One day at a time.  Remember that kindness brings kindness....its contagious.  Positive + Positive =Positive. (also works the other way around). 

Life is so short.....lets make it fun.

Love
Love is not love Which alters when it alteration finds, Or bends with the remover to remove:
Shakespeare

Rose799

Holli, you've been a big help to everyone; dm's, mil's & dil's alike...take a breather but don't take too long,

Rose