March 28, 2024, 06:23:16 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Dear Luise...

Started by Rose799, April 15, 2011, 01:26:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rose799

You've done nothing but support those of us who've needed supporting.  I hope you don't shut the site down, now that I've just gotten back up on my feet.  It's not about who's right or wrong; it's about wanting to improve ourselves so that our families come out the winners.  Can we all agree that Luise deserves better?   

AnonymousDIL

I agree. I for one, do not want to see this site close down OR become a pit of vipers.  :-\ Luise deserves better. You all have done wonders for me. You have no idea how much the MIL perspective has changed me. (yes, my MIL still annoys me lol, but I'm not "cranky" all the time with her like I was). I would hate to see it go.  :'(

I don't know how I would survive without you ladies to cheer me up.  ;D

Nana

I agree with Anonymous and Rose.  Luise  you did not failed...probably we failed you.  I have learned a lot from all of you ladies....mils and dils as well.  Shutting this site really hurts me.  Please Luise, could we all find a solution?

Love
Love is not love Which alters when it alteration finds, Or bends with the remover to remove:
Shakespeare

luise.volta

Thank you. Shutting WWU down, if it can be done, will not be a permanent thing. It will give me time to review on a deeper level what went wrong and who is behind what went wrong. I can't do that when the posts and peresonal messages keep flying and people I value highly are leaving in what feels to me like droves.

It's housecleaning time. I have no training in this and just have to give it my best. Sending love...
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

Nana

Thanks Luise...It is your call....just know that we love you. 

Let us know

Love
Love is not love Which alters when it alteration finds, Or bends with the remover to remove:
Shakespeare

Faithlooksup

Dear Luise,  I also really hate the thought of this happening.....You have been the Mother I no longer have...You have done so much for us, you have given your all day after day and we Luise have let you down......I hope you can find in your Heart to forgive me............

You need to do what is Best for you at this time Luise, for I do know you are going thru a lot.....
You will be missed dearly............

Sending Love and Hugs always,  Faith :(

jill

Luise, this site has been a godsend to many people, myself included, who have nowhere else to turn to pour out their feelings.  You have done a wonderful job, and I thank you so much for what you have done.   Honestly, when I have a problem with my dds, I immediately come to WWU, and then I will get the comfort and reassurance and caring that I need.   Please do not shut the site down......Jill 

holliberri

Luise,

Since I am the one that brought this all to a head, I am going to say that I think shutting WWU down isn't necessary. My steping back allows the site to continue to run for women who come here for solace and help. We just need to weather the storm. In two years, I don't think it's anything that hasn't been done before. Look at all the time you've invest and the lives you've touched. That isn't all for naught. Much more good has come out of this site than anything else.

We are always encouraged to take a step back when we need it. At one time or another, all of us need to do that, and we all have different reasons. Personally, I'm stepping back so this site can run at its optimum.

Rose799

Quote from: luise.volta on April 15, 2011, 01:45:05 PM
...and people I value highly are leaving in what feels to me like droves.

I took this to mean you are one of those valued people, Holli.   You'd better be careful though, else Pooh will be typing !!!!! behind your name next...  : )   We need you here, Holli, you help keep us grounded~