March 28, 2024, 11:21:25 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Clarification on why I am not posting

Started by Pooh, April 14, 2011, 06:24:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pooh

Sorry guys, I should have explained better my choice to not post for awhile.

Pam, it was totally not you personally.  We all have different opinions here, and I have always said, that's what I like about this place.  We are able to give different opinions and move on.  So please don't leave.  You have contributed much and I enjoy reading you.

They have started me on some immunity suppressing medication and it is messing with me badly.  I am Ok, it's just throwing my brain into a loop.  I have found over the last week or so since starting on it, that I am having trouble being objective.  My DIL problems and my Mother of GD problems, center around two people who can think of no one but themselves.  That's the bottom line.  Selfishness and self-centeredness, dictatorship and self-rightousness that they are the only people that are right, and if you don't worship them or agree with them...then see ya.  This medicine is making me very blah, and my mental state right now is one of low tolerance for petty things and my-way-or-the-highway stuff.  It is nothing anyone here is doing, it's what we always do, but I am not tolerating it very well right now. 

I promise, nothing to do with anyone here, it's me.  I am recognizing it and I know right now, I need to avoid posting.  I'm not leaving.  I'll be reading and keeping up.  I have caught myself a couple of times starting to write, "Geesh, life is too short...get over yourself" and that is not who I am, so I know it's the medicine messing with me. 

LL, please stay...you are wonderful and I enjoy your stuff so much.  Or if you need a break too, just let me know you will still be around.  Pam, I assure you it wasn't you and sorry if I made you feel like it was.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

holliberri

Pooh,

I'm so sorry about your  medicine. I hope it's just an adjustment for you and that not only does the medicine help you feel better, but that it stops making you feel like you do.

Faithlooksup

Dear Pooh,   I always wish only the Best for You.......I am sorry to read about what you are going thru for it is not easy at all.......

As I read about your troubles about DIL and Mother of GD problems the self-rightousness, dictatorship, and that they are always right--you are wrong---I just dont know how you do it....For that is not an easy battle at all........

Sometimes we do need to sit back, and regroup, to find out in our life what really does and does not matter, what I want in my life and what I do not want....Its truth to be told, and only we hold the key to that truth........

Sending you tons of HUGS and prayers that all will work out for the best.......
Keep the Faith and keep on looking up.........

Rose799

Quote from: Pooh on April 14, 2011, 06:24:13 AM
They have started me on some immunity suppressing medication and it is messing with me badly.

Hope you feel better soon, Pooh.  Dc issues are hard enough without added assistance.  Has the Dr. diagnosed it as Lupus? 

lancaster lady

Dearest Pooh :
I am not leaving WWU ....this is my social club too .
I too am on a strange concoction of meds at the moment for that heart scare a wee while ago , and YES it's messing
me up too ...!!
It's also mixing with my arthritis meds and goodness knows what else ! So far this month  I have forgotten two of my
friends birthdays, and my mind is like spaghetti ....doh .
I have pm'd Luise to apologise , I can't seem to handle any stress either , so between us Pooh we are like a pair of
wonky bookends !!
Wishing you and me both well soon ....from the silvery waters of Bonnie Scotland , see you all soon ..xx

Faithlooksup

Pooh and LL,  I do hope and pray you both feel better soon......Keep us posted :) :)

Nana

Pooh and Lancaster Lady.

I hope you get better soon.  You are two good wise ladies and I love you.

Best wishes.
Love is not love Which alters when it alteration finds, Or bends with the remover to remove:
Shakespeare

holliberri

Pooh

Quote from: Rose799 on April 14, 2011, 08:28:39 AM
Quote from: Pooh on April 14, 2011, 06:24:13 AM
They have started me on some immunity suppressing medication and it is messing with me badly.

Hope you feel better soon, Pooh.  Dc issues are hard enough without added assistance.  Has the Dr. diagnosed it as Lupus?

Thanks guys.  LL, I truly hope you feel better soon.  What a pair we are right now.  Rose, yes they have diagnosed it as Lupus.  Started me on some meds to lower my immunity system and will monitor it, and adjust it over the next few months.  If that doesn't lower my ANA levels, they are going to give me chemo drugs to kill it down.  Needs to be done for my future health, just not fun right now. 

Thanks for the well wishes.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

cremebrulee

Hi there Pooh
I was in here reading today and felt compelled to write you...
First, I'm very very sorry your going thru this, and hope it won't be long until they have things corrected....please know you'll be in my thoughts and prayers...

Now, the 2nd thing is, I'd like to share something with you.
In case your not aware, I have MS...so the past few months have been extremely difficult...sever muscle spasms and leg cramping, which I usually get, but they have been more constant and painful.

About 3 months ago, I started shots in my back again, which I hadn't had since 2008.  The doctor suggested I keep going to my chiropracter, as between both treatments, I might get some relief. 

So, Last Friday, (and please know, this may not help you, as it has helped me) but my chiropracter showed me a bottle of Formula 303...she said, it will help me get off the Ambian and help me sleep much better and it is all natural.  I'd been taking Ambian since my son was in Afghanistan...not every night, but when needed...and I hated the groginess...so, I bought a small bottle of this Formula 303 feeling, "well, ok, I'll try it, but its not going to work". 

Boy was I so totally off base.  First night, I slept really well....2nd, night slept really well, no leg cramps, no muscle spasms, my back is more relaxed, I'm much more relaxed, matter of fact, my boss asked me is something was wrong, b/c I hadn't yelled at him in a few days...LOL....but seriously, no more anxiety, shakes, and, short circuting, I'm totally relaxed.

Pooh, if your interested, look it up online and do your homework...and then ask your doctor if you may take it....show him the literature on it.  It might help....

This stuff is a miracle for me, and I'm off the drugs...which to me is great....and I'm getting more energy, which was totally gone.  MS patients experience extreme fatigue and sometimes anger due to the disability.  But surprisingly, I'm doing great, and have no idea how long with will last, but intend to take this as long as it works. 

Here are some websites for you....

http://www.formula303.com/

if you google Formula 303 you will get a lot of sites you can wander in and read....

So, hun, I'm wishing you the best, and hope that you do feel better soon, it's not nice to feel badly...and I'm sending hugs and a lot of positive thoughts your way....

Creme

cremebrulee

Oh and Pooh, just to clarify, in no way do I think this is a cure for you, however, it might help your plight to be a little less harsh...?  all I can atest to is, that it has helped me extremely and I do hope it lasts.

Creme

luise.volta

It's wonderful how our understanding some of what you're up against helps us to back you up, Pooh. Thank you so much! And it is also wonderful to see how many come forth with support. What a marvelous e-family we have. There are times when I would like to take a hiatus, too. Sometimes our work here gets pretty intense,

We are with you and are pulling for you! Sending love...
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

Tara

Hello Creme and Pooh,

I'm thinking of you both and sending love.  I value my relationship with you two a great deal

Creme - I'm going to check out this remedy also.

Pooh - I'm hoping that you will get through this phase soon. 

Faithlooksup

WOW Creme~~what a testimony on this Formula 303~~~and welcome back hon!!!!!  I am really going to take a look at this Formula and see what it is all about......Heads up on the advise and that it is helping you so greatly, I am Happy to hear this......

Love to all....Faith and sending many prayers as well.......Feel better soon ladies.....