March 28, 2024, 03:56:45 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

So...instead of eating my hat, I'll eat crow (Is that right?)

Started by holliberri, April 15, 2011, 01:53:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

holliberri

Luise,

Okay, so I get notified when someone respondes a discussion board that I posted on. So...I got your message. I want you to know that I think this site is great and it should not be shut down. I think overall, it is a good organization here of women. My decision to not post for *only a little while* has nothing to do with you, or the foundation of the site.

Organizations function as one whole system, and systems go through ups and downs. It's a very real, documented thing; and I believe in it, whether it is hard science or soft science.  ;)

I also believe that organizations have moods. Moods can't really be controlled. They just are. Right now, if I had to give this site a definition of mood, I would say it's mood isn't so great. Unfortunately, no amount of moderating can fix that; and I think you'd drive yourself crazy trying to contain it and you deserve better; and you should cut yourself a break. There are no bad apples here; no one needs to be booted or reprimanded, it is just basic growing pains for this site. I just felt a huge shift of energy suddenly this week, and I'd prefer to let it ride out without me. I 100% wholeheartedly believe that it will pass, and this site will be in better spirits later. I will be back posting later, I promise. But, I'm an introvert and when the mood is bad, I internalize. That's all that I'm doing now...it is just time for me to regroup.   

I am sorry. I should have worded my post better. I also should have left Pooh's, LL's and Pam's name of the post b/c it implies they are on a break for reasons that they are not. That was wrong of me, and I can see how it can be interpreted that way. I was only trying to highlight that people that are a huge positive force in my experience here suddenly are not here; and I'm having a hard time with that, and right now there seems to be a lot of fights and loaded messages...and I'm not going to lie...I'm one of the last few posters on almost every single topic that has gotten locked lately...so I'm contributing; that's not who I really am. It's time for me to step back, that's all.

Again, I get a lot more positives out of this site than anything else. It's been wonderful and I reall feel that I've come to know and love just about everyone. It's been a priceless experience so far, and I don't intend it to end; it's just for now.