March 29, 2024, 01:13:06 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Changing the Easter

Started by AnonymousDIL, April 09, 2011, 11:10:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

holliberri

Yep, they are shaved up tiny so they are more of a pulp than say matchstick carrots.

Lemon zest is in there too.  ;) Where would I be without my zester?

LaurieS

Pam.. honest you've never had a piece of carrot cake?   Holli and I will both make one for you.. I do not put buttermilk,lemon or pineapple in mine.. do you use pineapple Holli?   I know it sounds gross but I've seen people who hate carrots woof this cake down... It's especially good the next day when it's been chilled in the fridge

holliberri

Pineapple? Um...no. To be honest, for some reason I think we use walnuts up north, but I could be confusing nuts.

pam1

No, I don't think so.  It has just never looked appealing to me.  Maybe it's the icing carrots that always seem to be on the top of it and I've always wondered if there was carrots in there but didn't want to actually ask lol. I just can't imagine cake and carrots going together well. 
People throw rocks at things that shine - Taylor Swift

LaurieS

lol... you'll like mine.. no fake carrots on top
Can you see the carrots

LaurieS

Wow that's the last piece... I'm going to save it for dh.... i'm going to save it for dh

holliberri

Do you like zucchini bread or pumpkin bread? It is similar, just sweeter, more moist and cake-ier.

Fake carrots scream diner staple to me...no thanks. Lol.

L

Scoop, that bunny cake is ADORABLE!  Love it!  :D   It's just me, DH, and DS for Easter but maybe I will make the bunny cake for them.  DS would probably love to put the jelly beans on it and help.  Thanks for idea!

Kennedy

Y'all are making me so hungry and licking my lips. YUMMY!

pam1

Quote from: holliberri on April 12, 2011, 02:36:50 PM
Do you like zucchini bread or pumpkin bread? It is similar, just sweeter, more moist and cake-ier.

Fake carrots scream diner staple to me...no thanks. Lol.

Yes, I like both.

Laurie, that picture looks so totally different from all carrot cake I've seen.  It actually looks delicious. 

LaurieS

It's my hubby's favorite, but I only make it about once or twice a year... probably wouldn't be so deadly if he just let me put  a little powered sugar on the top.

Next I'm going to make a German Chocolate.. now that is one of my favorites

holliberri

carrot cake without cream cheese? I won't hear if it.

LaurieS

Yeah that was  an inappropriate request on my part... I stand in shame ... I actually made extra frosting and place a dollop (isn't that a great word) on the slice as I'm serving it... once the cake is gone (tonight) any left over frosting is wonderful smeared on graham crackers

pam1

Sheen

You all are making me so hungry with this cake thread.   The bunny cake is adorable and I am waiting to hear if Scoop freezes the cake before cutting the ears.  Carrot cake is  great and one of the few that stay moist for days. If you are looking for another veggie cake, try making a Chocolate Zucchini  Cake.  It is one of those cakes that can put you in a chocolate coma lol.