March 28, 2024, 08:55:40 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Learning from each other's mistakes

Started by forever spring, April 03, 2011, 10:45:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FAFE

Wow!  She'll get mad because you taught your GS a song.  She sure needs to get a life.  Hope you make some changes for yourself before she drives you totally crazy.  I would have left a long time ago.  You are a much better person that I would ever be in that situation. 

pam1

Aw Chelmsford, now that makes you wonder where some peoples sense of humor is! 
People throw rocks at things that shine - Taylor Swift

Pen

Oh my. I do know how passionate footie fans can be but your DIL took a fun, teachable moment and twisted it. Is this how hooligans develop, LOL? Here's hoping for the best, Chelmsford.

Evil Pen is imagining you teaching your GS team songs from leagues around the world as way to teach geography, getting along, even helping him learn colors if he's of pre-school age. How could someone not see that as creative teaching?? LOL, BTW you'd best not for awhile.
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

forever spring

Hi LL, the rivalry it does play a part I thought it was all in good spirit but somehow it's all taken a lot more seriously.
DH comes from Liverpool also, but doesn't take that thing too seriously. Just felt I had to vent this mornin as I felt so uncertain about the whole thing. This site is good for it.

luise.volta

Well, I'm glad you didn't sneeze! Think of what the penalty would have been for that!!!! Sending love...
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

Pen

"Penalty" as a soccer/football term is often a way for the fouled-against team to score an easy point. Some players take dives to get the ref to call a foul and earn their team a penalty kick - good one, Luise! Very fitting!
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

Pooh

So sorry.  Something harmless should not have been taken so seriously, but you can't control her feelings.  Don't feel bad, you had no bad intentions.  It's on her.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell