March 28, 2024, 12:29:56 PM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

71st Wedding Anniversary

Started by FAFE, March 30, 2011, 06:08:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FAFE

Today is my MIL & FIL's 71st wedding anniversary.  They have been wonderful in-laws for the most part.  We've had a couple of conflicts over the years, but have overcome them without either party cutting the other off.  They were/are both successful in their own rights and now are in an Assisted Living Facility, where the quality of life is not the best, but they are loved and cared for by the staff at the ALF as well as their two sons and DILs. 

They don't drink, but I'll toast to them as this is quite an accomplishment.  Clink, clink, anyone?

Anna

71 years!!  Wow that is quite an accomplishment in itself.  Here's to them & to you.  It takes wonderful people on all sides to make relationships work.  (((((hugs)))))  Anna.

holliberri

Wow, FAFE! That's amazing! Congratulations to your ILs! (Clink)

AnonymousDIL

Awesome! Cheers! I hope that DH and I make it to 71 yrs. That would make us 95 so there is a chance. :-)

FAFE

She will be 93 in July and he will be 95 in September.  I have been in the family for 40 years (July).  I do not aspire to be making that 71st one.  My DH will probably live to be a ripe ole age, but my side of the family does good to make 70.  I am almost 65 so I should have a few more good ones.  LOL!

overwhelmed123

WOW- 71 years!  What a blessing!!! Congrats to them!

pam1

Wow, that is awesome!  Congrats to them!!!!
People throw rocks at things that shine - Taylor Swift

LaurieS

May we all be blessed with a 71 year anniversary .. You are lucky Fafe to have them in your lives.. Give them both a big WWU hug.

luise.volta

Here! Here! And sending love...
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

Pooh

We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

FAFE

Thanks for all the well wishes!  They had a little celebration at the ALF at lunchtime.  We carried in a bouquet of balloons (sp) and a lovely cake that was shared by all the "inmates" as I call them.  The staff is delightful to work with.  Both of their sons' ate lunch with them. 

luise.volta

Ummmm...I've been married 74 years if I get to count everybody....

FAFE

Luise, let us know when it all adds up to 75 and we'll throw you a party!!!! My two combined would only be 43. 

luise.volta

holliberri

Luise, were you married to two people  at the same time? Or did you get married at 10?