March 28, 2024, 09:38:17 PM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Have we been cut off? Why?

Started by AnonymousDIL, March 29, 2011, 06:36:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

luise.volta

My post was supposed to come after the one about the fast forward!  ;D ;D ;D
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

LaurieS

Pooh

We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

luise.volta

luise.volta

Pooh

Yeah, and I believe you are sitting there sniffling about as much as I believed you actually meant that after my post....

Hee hee...except they may be sniffles because you are laughing so hard..... :P
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

LaurieS

I'd like to have a fast forward button and be done with dinner and the dishes... or an easy button and have it all done for me

holliberri

Oooh....I'll take one of each so I can get through these 400 pages and 4 page essay I need to have done by Saturday morning for class.

luise.volta

That was a zipped mouth...(pretty unique for me.) Not sniffling.... ;D ;D ;D

AnonymousDIL

Wow! Just Wow!.... Maybe they really are just busy (I'm not buying this for a second) whenever we make plans months in advance.

Well, DH and I get together frequently with my cousin and her husband. She's been telling me the last few times how much she wants to get together with my brother but he keeps blowing her off (I secretly know that my brother doesn't like her. He's told me that he can't stand her holier-than-thou attitude. Well, he is one to talk!). Anywho, she is coming to dinner on the 9th and I asked if she'd like me to invite my brother and SIL since she hasn't seen them in a while-- neutral ground make brother behave.... Well, here's the shocker after awaiting a response for 3 days, brother finally texted me back and they are coming! Wow! Just Wow!

Pooh

That's great ADIL!  Progress....yay!
Joseph Campbell

LaurieS

I think sometimes left on our own, it's easier to see the negative in the situation... I'm glad he accepted the invite, have lots of wine, good food  and plenty of laughs.

AnonymousDIL

Wine is good, as long as there is no wHine! LOL

holliberri

elsieshaye

Quote from: pam1 on March 29, 2011, 12:42:39 PMAnd it doesn't help that my parents mated a lot so there's a ton of us

OMG - hahahaha, tea outta my nose!!
This too shall pass.  All is well.