April 18, 2024, 08:51:33 PM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Have we been cut off? Why?

Started by AnonymousDIL, March 29, 2011, 06:36:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaurieS

Quote from: holliberri on March 29, 2011, 10:36:38 AM
I think we're all here b/c our brains don't  stop.  :)

Oh speak for yourself

AnonymousDIL

If we stop our brains we might like the peace and quiet soooo much we will forget to start them again! LOL

luise.volta

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz......................
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

AnonymousDIL

Ut oh! We seem to have lost Luise!!!!!!!! Get that brain starter in here STAT! Maybe some smelling salts.... or Chocolate!!! lol

luise.volta

LaurieS

I'd be excited over a Carmel Macchiato

luise.volta

I just LOVE those. Used my whole Starbucks Gift Card up on them!  :D :D :D

LaurieS

I know.. I'm making a date day for myself with myself later this week.. I'm going to hit Starbuck's and a pedicure for sure...  I need it.. it's been a long week :)

luise.volta

April 2 - 12 will be tiring for me...my friend, Jim, will be here.

Pooh

ADIL, I have an extremely jealous brother and it has nothing to do with me, but he takes it out on me....Lol.  We came from a very modest, poor upbringing and things did not get better until I was about 12.  My brother is 9 years older than me, and was already married and gone by the time my parents were making any kind of money.  We always had food, shelter, clothes and the basics, but his childhood was not inclusive of too many luxury items.  My teenage years, I did get more than he had, simply because my parents made more by then.

But to this day, he is resentful of that and reminds me how "easy" I had it compared to him.  He thinks my parents bought me a car, even though we have told him that no, I worked and paid for it.  But my parents did cosign, so I was able to afford a better car than he did.  It doesn't matter how many times we tell him, or how many times I try to explain to him that our parents made better money in my teen years, he refuses to see the truth.

We get along well enough..........from afar.........but he will always believe what he wants to believe and no one can change him.  I gave up trying a long time ago and just take him as he is.  When my Mother, several years ago, had a complication from a knee surgery and I called to tell him that she was in ICU, his answer was, "Oh No.  What can I do?  Do you need money?  I can send it now."  Instead of being mad at him for not jumping in his car and driving all night to come, I made a mental note that in his world, this is how he was.  Money solves everything and in his screwed up brain, that was his way of helping and showing he cared.  He'll never get it....Lol.

I have a feeling your DB is going to be jealous if he wants, even if there is no legitimate reason to be, just because he can.  I do think eventually he will come back around and he does love you.  I think when something tragic happens, it either brings out the best in people or the worst.  He showed you his true colors when you guys became close after your Dad's tragic accident.  He'll be back.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

pam1

My sibs and I go through cycles.  Sometimes we talk a lot, sometimes we don't.  We all chose such different lives that it's constant chaos trying to get us all together or keep up constantly.  And it doesn't help that my parents mated a lot so there's a ton of us

Maybe he told you married couples shouldn't socialize for a year b/c he and his wife had a rough first year with outside intereference?  Just a thought.
People throw rocks at things that shine - Taylor Swift

AnonymousDIL

Who has to die to bring him around this time? lol Overall (even though he is an egotistical butthead most of the time lol) he has really been a wonderful brother to me.

And Yes, they apparently had a rough 1st year with interference by according to him..... ME. Total BS! He said DH and I were over there every weekend. The first year they were married I wasn't even dating DH, I was with a total loser who hated my brother so we didn't see him much at all. He and wifey DID however see HER family and friends a LOT and at about a year and a half of marraige her sister (my BFF) moved in with them. How was I to blame for that?

Ugh!

But I digress, LOL.... He has made some really bone-headed comments in his life. Silly man! lol

But from what you ladies are telling me, this is most likely a normal phase and we will all get past it.  :-\ Is there a fast forward button I can use?

Pooh

That would be nice, although I think I need to find the "MUTE" button more often!
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

luise.volta

Pooh

Joseph Campbell