April 26, 2024, 03:43:29 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

TEXT MESSAGE

Started by irenic, March 28, 2011, 06:28:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tara

Irenic,

I'm sorry to hear about your dh having an affair.   Please take good care of yourself
and I agree with Holliberry that if your brought to it, you can get through it.  One day at
a time, one minute at a time sometimes.   You are not alone in all this, we are here for you.

Pooh

So sorry Irenic about your DH.  I truly hope Thursday works out for you.  You deserve it.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

lancaster lady

Irenic:
Firstly , so sorry for your own trouble ....like you needed that .
Also , maybe now you can understand your DD if she herself is having marital problems .
Is it her daughter who wants to spend the night with you ?
Maybe she needs a safe haven , if there are problems at home . These things happen ,
and maybe this will bring you all together .
you really need some luck at this time .....sending you a bunch  of 4 leaf clover , make that a bucket !!

irenic

Lancaster lady, thanks for the bucket!  Yes my granddaughter is my daughters
and she was so sweet on the phone, "hi nanny can I come and spend the night?"
Who could resist a 9yo asking that? 

misunderstood

No you could hardly resist that.  I'm pleased that it seems things are improving, but tread carefully, I'm sure you want to rush in, but might not all run smoothly.

So sorry about your DH.

Pen

Irenic, your GD sounds like a doll. What a sweetie. I hope your time together was nice. So sorry about your other news...you do know it's more about him than you, right? Best wishes...make sure you do your affirmations and take care of yourself during this time.
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

justus

I am sorry, but I only read your original post and it made me cry. I am CO from my own M and if I would give my right arm to receive such a poem. The admission of accepting your responsibility in what happened and willingness to change and to make things right is priceless. I am in my 40s, which means you are probably my contemporary, but I wish you were my M or that she was like you. Could you call my M and give her some advice, please?

justus

Oh, and, my DH had an emotional affair about 4 years ago, so I have an idea about what you are going through. There are lots of boards for BS (betrayed spouses) that can be a lifeline.

Rose799

Quote from: irenic on April 06, 2011, 07:39:19 AM
Lancaster lady, thanks for the bucket!  Yes my granddaughter is my daughters
and she was so sweet on the phone, "hi nanny can I come and spend the night?"
Who could resist a 9yo asking that?

How did the sleep over go, Irenic?  Hope things are going better for you all around~

twinsmom

I thought the poem was beautiful and heartfelt.  It sounds like you got thru to your daughter and maybe opened her heart if even a little.  Now let her see and feel your love.  I have written poems and letters myself but so far I guess they were never the right words.  The child we all loved is in there somewhere and I guess as mom's we will hurt until we can reach that inner child again.  I wish you the best.

luise.volta

Welcome - And it was lovely, I agree.
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama