April 19, 2024, 12:49:13 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

TEXT MESSAGE

Started by irenic, March 28, 2011, 06:28:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faithlooksup

Hello Irenic,  Anything could of had happened so please do not jump into negative conclusions.......

send her one small text~~can we set another date?  and let her respond to that...if she does not..then fine wait it out again..........I would not bring anything either,  however on the other hand if and when you do meet again---put it in the trunk of your car~~if all goes well  when your get together is over then give her what you have.......if not, then take it home for another time.....

Stay positive...

holliberri

Irenic,

Did you guys have a set date for lunch? I don't recall, and I'm afraid I missed it in the postings.

I'm very sorry.

irenic

Hi All, we talked this morning on the phone, real talk, but nothing was said about the past, just
her talking about herself, I listened, was positive, asked about the kids and that was it,
she wants to go to dinner on Thursday.

holliberri

Irenic,

That is good to hear.

Perhaps, instead of giving her all the stuff you had planned on, just hold off a little bit? That way, you don't get too caught up in the good and get too far ahead of yourself, in case you get burned again.

I'll be thinking of you on Thursday!

lancaster lady

Irenic :
Now you know what might happen , so don't be too disappointed if it doesn't come off .
At least the phone call was a bonus ....good luck .

luise.volta

Get plenty of rest. Emotional roller coaster rides are exhausting. And yes, take just a couple of small gifts or none at all, to maintain your balance and not throw her off, either. Lots of gifts, sometimes even one, can carry a message of desparation. Maybe mail the Easter things. Kids love packages.
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

jill

Hi Irenic,
Glad you heard from your daughter, I hope it works out for you this time.  ...........Jill

irenic

Thanks to all of you, she did call me on Sunday, she was busy painting, and we are supposed to meet thursday, we
will see, I aM SO ANXious to see my grandkids I can hardly stand it.  It has been 1 1/2 years now, that is a lot of
timenot to see loved ones.

overwhelmed123

Great, irenic- we will all be thinking about you and hoping for the best!

Tara

Hi Irenic,

Do lots of good things for yourself this week...whatever you do to take care of yourself, meditate, exercise, pedicure, talk to
women friends, relax with a good book.  Try to stay in the present moment.  Love to you -- we are here for you!

irenic

Well all to add to my woes, found out my 66 yo husband is having an affair, isn't that just the berries?  I will not tell my daughter, that would so complicate
things even though she told me that she wants an annulment from her husband
of six months, what next?

holliberri

Oh no, Irenic. I am so sorry. I hope this visit with your DD goes totally smoothly.

I do believe that if "we're brought to it, we can get through it."

I also believe that sometimes, people enter (or re-enter) our lives at exactly the right time. I don't think dinner on Thursday could really come at a better time for you. Still, please take small baby steps with your DD, and take this for what it is: just a dinner.  Just expect to have one dinner with her for now, and then see what comes.  You need to do that for you, since nothing is as it seems to be at the moment.

I am so sorry about your DH.

Rose799

I'm really sorry, Irenic.  You're always thinking of others; be selfish for a change, doing things that you enjoy & make you happy.   You're in my thoughts, Irenic~

jill

I am so sorry, Irenic, you do not deserve these bad things happening to you.  I agree with Holliberri, things happen at certain times for a reason.   Enjoy your dinner with your dd. Take care...............Jill

irenic

"we're brought to it, we can get through it."
Holliberri, that sure made me think tonite, thanks so much.  My granddaughter called tonite, wanted to know if she could  come and spend the
night with me.  I mean no word in 1 1/2 years and now this.  Well of course I said yes!
Baby steps, baby steps, I am so thankful Lord!