March 28, 2024, 11:04:40 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

A Mother In Law's Prayer

Started by FAFE, March 23, 2011, 09:49:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hope

Quote from: FAFE on March 27, 2011, 04:45:54 PM
My grandmother never said anything bad about my husband except that he got better looking as he got older.  Don't know if she meant she didn't think he was cute when I married him or what!
;D  Naturally I don't know her, but I think she meant well.

FAFE

Hope, my gm was a pistol!  She just called them like she saw them.  We knew not to take offense. 

Nana

My husband got better after 30.  Everyone would say so.  I think it is maturity that makes them more interesting. 

Hope:  My hubby and I will be also be celebrating our 35th anniversay (with 9-month separation) on May 22nd.  Times flies...I see him more handsome as he gets older...even though he is losing all of his hair.   
My oldest son is 34 years old today...Happy Birthday first born LOL. 
mY youngest is 25.  My sandwish is 29. 

Love you all
Love is not love Which alters when it alteration finds, Or bends with the remover to remove:
Shakespeare

luise.volta

Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

holliberri

Nana, I may have missed this...but what is a sandwish? It sounds adorable, whatever it is.  :)

Pen, I thought my hubby quiet and geeky too, but I was a sucker for glasses. Too bad he got lasik! He couldn't have been that quiet now that I think about it...I never called men (wasn't allowed growing up, it failed when I turned 18, so I just quit), not even to return their call (I'm still pretty bad with that, even now that we're married), but he always called me...near daily. We must've talked about something on those calls and on those dates. At least he was persistent, even if he was quiet...

Nana

Hi Holli

My sandwich (when you have three children) is the one in the middle. The second born...not the oldest...not the youngest.  The sandwich usually gets less attention (so they say) LOL.

Love
Love is not love Which alters when it alteration finds, Or bends with the remover to remove:
Shakespeare

holliberri

I seriously never heard that...it is too cute. If I have 3 kids one day, that's the term I'll use. So special.

Nana

Really Holly?  I have always used that expression.  My sandwich daughter also refers herself as being the sandwich.  And you know whats funny?  Is that people always say that I spoiled more the oldest...for being the first....and the youngest...for being my baby.    The Good news is that my sandwich girl (now a doctor) is his father's dream come true.  She is the most kind and thoughtful person I know.

Love
Shakespeare