March 28, 2024, 02:23:00 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Where do I go from here?

Started by jill, March 23, 2011, 07:41:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tryingmybest

Some times I think it's teenager hood part II, remember when they turned 13 and suddenly we were all idiots.? I think it made it easier to break away from the security of "mom and dad". No GC yet, but am getting the patronizing attitude. May be that continues until they truly feel secure as adults?

lancaster lady

Next stage is complete roll reversal ....
We are the kids , they are the parents , not looking forward to that one .
Half way there at the moment with not being well , DD delights in telling me what I should be doing .
Retiring to the sun , she says , with pleasure says I , who's funding this retirement ?...Silence ...! lol

lancaster lady

PS:
Thankyou for keeping me on till I reached my senior member status ..... ;D

Barbie

luise.volta

Let me tell you about being the kid instead of the parent. How much time  do you have?  ;D ;D
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

kathleen

I've received an email stating I attempted to deceive the members of this forum on this thread. 

The writer held that this is an opinion of more than one member of this forum; the other(s) who supposedly feel this way were not identified.

The email states, quote, "It's a sad state when she (meaning me) thinks her audience here is not smart enough to know that an ISP will not contact you about blocked messages."

Further, however, the writer feels, quote, "These women (on this forum) are happy enough that they can log and surf the net, they are not looking nor really understanding what is said outside of the basics."  I could be wrong, but I read that again to mean I was attempting to convey untruths and that the writer is far more intelligent and perceptive than most of the women on this forum, including me.

I do not know the precise tech term for my private email service that notified me that my DIL sent five messages in one day requesting money.  I also do not know why I should have to explain this here, as if I am a liar.  I never used the acronym "ISP" in my post; I used a generic term, "provider."  My private email service, reserved for family, friends, and for my writing submissions, is not web-based. In order to maintain this service/provider/server, whatever name is correct that must be stated here, I had to complete an application including several phrases and a password so that no one unintended can access it.  However, the service/provider/server itself has access to that information and can access my email at any time.  I feel certain the assessment I wrote on this thread, that the provider was concerned that five emails came in quick succession and might be an emergency and decided to notify me, was correct. I did call the service and was told that anyone I've blocked receives that notification, so my DIL obviously knows this and continues her requests anyway.

I was raised and continue to be a professional in the newspaper business; however, I never write about technology.  Acronyms are rarely used in the newspaper business and, while it's possible that ISP is widely known today, I do not use it.  I am very stupid when it comes to technology; my son, who runs a computer business and manages me, is happy when I can turn the computer on.  While I may well have used an inappropriate term, it was not an attempt to deceive anyone. 

I also do not feel I have an "audience" on this forum.  I have made all of my posts in the hope of helping others, as I have received so very much unimaginable help from Luise and many who have written to me in warmth and real loving kindness.  I feel that except for the writer of this particular email, I've gained much more than I've given in terms of understanding my situation and learning to move on. I hoped to find friendship, not the kind of sniping unkindness, the searching out of motives not there to provide the most negative possible interpretation, as I have received from my daughter-in-law.

I am posting this because I do not know who else is making these assessments so I cannot post this privately.

Kathleen

FAFE

Kathleen, what a twit to have written something like that to you.  I love your posts and seems that you are a wealth of information.  Hopefully, you will stay here and share your knowledge with some of us who are not so smart and are still open to hear other opinions. 

kathleen

Thank you, FAFE, for your most welcome comments.  I very much appreciate it, and I fully suspect you are much smarter than I am,

Kathleen

cadagi101

What a load of hogwash,  I would not give that nonsense email you recieved another thought.     
some people have very little to do with their time and to justify their comments with "other's  feel the same"  "they and the "supposed others" must be very insecure.     Your posts are amazing and a delight to read.   

Barbie

Kathleen, I love reading your posts, you have so much wisdom to offer, I sure hope you'll stay.

irenic

Oh Jill where do we all go?  I got two books this week that I am reading, hoping this somehow helps me.  It is just unimaginable to
agony we go through?  Our dreams shattered by a relationship we thought would be ideal, a mother and daughter
how perfect could that be?  Well it seems not so much!  I am so sorry, truly I know your agony.  I pray for you, I will pray and
hope you will be given some peace of mind.  In love and caring as another mother who has been there and knows your pain.

luise.volta

OK. I am stepping in here.

Once again, I want to remind you that if you don't like a thread, a post or a poster...move on to another one.

I have tried to have the PM option removed and failed. Kirk says it is too deep in the forum software. The only use for it that I see is if and when members want to exchange email addresses and enter into expanded friendships. I can see that happening. PMs      aren't needed for people to contact me. That can be done via "Report to Moderator."

My take is that Kathleen was trying to find out of it was true that others beyond the one who sent her the PM felt the same way, as stated...or if even the majority did. She couldn't do that by PM, she doesn't know who they are...or even "if" they are. My guess is that she would not continue if that were true. Personally, I think that would be a loss to the quality of this site.

I have spoken about (but not worked very hard at) wriing a book. Does anyone want to take me on about that? If so, go for it...on your way out.

I have terminated members who have misused the PM feature. We had one who useds PMs to turn members against each other and start wars that way. It may be a form of entertainment for some...but not on my dime.

I have also terminated members who used it to attack another member when I became aware of it. WWU is about support, advocasy, being heard and acknowledged and often...it is about healing.

Is there anyone who doesn't understand this post?

And yes, sending love...always...

luise.volta

March 28, 2011, 08:00:03 PM #57 Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 08:04:36 PM by luise.volta
I am placing this response on two threads. (Sorry for the double post.)

There has been some question as to whether it was OK for Kathleen to post that she has been told via Personal Message that not one member but perhaps many, dislike her presentation(s).

My take is that she brought it up online because she does not know how to address those others who seem to back her accuser, if they exist. She can't PM them. She doesn't know who they are.

I have tried to have the PM option removed from WWU. Kirk says it can't be done. It is too deep in the software. I see no use for it unless members want to exchange email addresses to create expanded relationships and they could do that through me, if they were both in agreement. PMs aren't needed to contact me. That can be done via "Report to Moderator."

Once again, I want to say that if you don't like a thread, doubt its authenticity, don't like a post or a poster...please move on to other subjects. There are plenty to choose from.

I have terminated members who used PMs for subterfuge, overt attack and/or back stabbing. Also, some members have apparently found it to be entertaining to turn members against each other via PM and start wars. Not on my dime.

My "dime" is about support, advocacy, being heard and acknowledged and at times it is about healing. If it's a Pollyanna site to some, so be it.

Does anyone think I may be using WWU content for the book that I one day think I might write? If so, please blast me about that on your way out.

Come on you guys...lighten up!

Sending love, always...

lancaster lady

Kathleeen :
I cannot believe someone would think you have fabricated a story of pain and anguish for what reason ?
I believe this forum was set up to help people who are in so much pain , they don't know which way to turn .
If this person ,(s) feel so strongly about your post , they should put their feelings in print for others to see.
Let the WW respond .do not back this person into an already scary corner !  Shame on you !

Nana

Kathleen

We should never speak for others.  If I need to tell you something I thought, I wouldnt need to say that others feel the same way about you.

You know....I am your fan and love your posts.   

Lovei
Love is not love Which alters when it alteration finds, Or bends with the remover to remove:
Shakespeare